• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2020 - early interest - dates TBD

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Me and my buddy are planning a crossing for 2020. Definitely would love to go with experienced crossers for this will be our first time. He has the AR210. Does anyone have tips on equipment to purchase? Would really appreciate it. Going down this year to cross on ferry to get an idea.
There's lots of great info here. Do a search for Bimini and start reading.

Welcome to the forum. :Welcome:

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have some friends (non-Yamaha boat owners but Yamaha outboard owners) that are pestering me to be their guide for a 2020 Bimini trip which I will probably accommodate but only if I ride on one of their boat. After 4 trips (2016 Exuma/Bimini, 2017 Abaco, 2018 Bimini, 2019 Exuma), for the foreseeable future I'm going to give my boat a break from any open water adventures.

Once I figure out our group travels dates, I will open my group up to whomever wants to join us. I probably won't know our dates until the end of this year.

Like others have mentioned, I'll be watching to see if the sale of Bimini Sands goes through to determine where we will be staying, hoping to stay at Bimini Sands.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have some friends (non-Yamaha boat owners but Yamaha outboard owners) that are pestering me to be their guide for a 2020 Bimini trip which I will probably accommodate but only if I ride on one of their boat.
Andy if I recall correctly after your adventure in July, you mentioned something about boats being mismatched in terms of power and general ability to handle rough conditions. I was just wondering as you might end up with a 195 and a 35 foot center console....

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Andy if I recall correctly after your adventure in July, you mentioned something about boats being mismatched in terms of power and general ability to handle rough conditions. I was just wondering as you might end up with a 195 and a 35 foot center console....
Maybe but it would keep my current Cobalt, which at this point the wife won't let me get rid of, and if the right deal comes along I would add to my fleet a 30' or bigger multi-engine boat with at least 200 gallon tank.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Im planning on going in 2021... 2020 we are going to Europe for 2 weeks.. unless I get really rich then I will do both in 2020

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Prestige Worldwide Resort's (The Asplundh Family) has reached out to the Bimini Sand's condo owners with a letter including "This letter serves as an official announcement for the transfer of ownership, as well as the management of the Bimini Sands Marina Resort. We are pleased to say, that as of August 1st, 2019, Prestige Worldwide Resorts LLC, our newly formed corporation, will be assuming the management responsibilities of the Bimini Sands complex in its entirety. We are in the final stages of closing on the property and expect this to happen within the next few weeks."

It is looking more certain that Bimini Sands will sell and will be ready for large groups to return in 2020.

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Im definitely interested in 2020 run.. Just wont have a great understanding of availability until the time comes.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You probably want to be able to 99% decided at least 60 days out, especially if you need to add equipment on your boat. The logistics for such a trip is not soMerging you can handle in a week ( maybe you can, but the average joe won’t be able too).

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
You probably want to be able to 99% decided at least 60 days out, especially if you need to add equipment on your boat. The logistics for such a trip is not soMerging you can handle in a week ( maybe you can, but the average joe won’t be able too).
Boats ready for the trip.. living on the open water all the time makes you do that stuff a head of time.. I just cant make a decision today and say im going, but April time frame should be easily determined.. But thanks for the comment.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just read about a first time crosser who ran out of fuel 8 miles from Bimini and was rescued by a larger boat that towed him. That could easily have become the first Yamaha crossing fatality.
Is there a story somewhere to read? How does running out of fuel 8 miles out almost turn into a fatality? Did he not have a radio or EPIRB or anything?

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I believe it was a handheld VHF.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Prestige Worldwide Resort's (The Asplundh Family) has reached out to the Bimini Sand's condo owners with a letter including "This letter serves as an official announcement for the transfer of ownership, as well as the management of the Bimini Sands Marina Resort. We are pleased to say, that as of August 1st, 2019, Prestige Worldwide Resorts LLC, our newly formed corporation, will be assuming the management responsibilities of the Bimini Sands complex in its entirety. We are in the final stages of closing on the property and expect this to happen within the next few weeks."

It is looking more certain that Bimini Sands will sell and will be ready for large groups to return in 2020.

Coincidence? lol

Boats and Hoes NSFW language

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@djetok, I hope this venture does not end the same way.

mlapaglia

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am seriously considering taking the trip to Bimini in 2020, please keep me in the loop.

Thank you, Michael