• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini side shade

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@LukePrinsloo Thanks! The frame is factory stock for an 07 AR230. We just had it covered in Sunbrella and zippers sewn in to accept curtains/shades.
I am actually considering adding a second bimini to mount behind the tower and spread shade over the back of the boat.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I added an Anchorshade to the back of my 19ft'er with great results. Significantly less cash than a bimini extension.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/umbrella-anchor-shade-ii-by-taylor-made.11385/page-3#post-312198
here is the one I've been eyeballing. I'd like it to stay up pretty much the entire day.
https://www.amazon.com/Leader-Accessories-Bimini-Hardwares-Aluminum/dp/B00ITIB4Z0/ref=sr_1_4?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1533754189&sr=1-4&keywords=bimini+top&th=1&psc=1

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's my shade extension I added this season.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/my-awesome-shade.19699/

The shade itself stretches and has multiple anchor points that could allow it to cover nearly any section of the boat.

Bump...I mentioned this in a previous post here last year. But the sun felt extra hot out on the Yamaha yesterday. Air temp. was 95° real feel was 101° water temp. was 79° with a 8mph wind. We are really happy with the "bimini side shade/privacy curtains". We did not set the stern anchor and let the boat swing on the bow anchor. Out on either end of the swing, exposes the cockpit under the bimini to the hot sun. Loving how the shade screens knock down the intensity. Glad Willow thought of having them made two years ago when we had the bimini done. Makes being on the boat in those conditions bearable. Now we need to get one for the front of the bimini, or a zippered bimini extension over the bow while at anchor, tried a towel and bimini clips there yesterday but it blocked the wind.
View attachment 80742
View attachment 80747
View attachment 80749
@zipper these are awesome!