• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Top Strap Repair/Replacement

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So we were out on the water today when the Bimini became loose. It appears the plastic buckle used to adjust the length of the strap broke (pic attached). Looking for ideas here as I am not certain how to address this.

I was considering a pair of new straps with stainless hardware, but since the straps have the loop already sewed in (2nd pic), I am not sure how one would easily install without disassembling much of the Bimini frame. Am I missing an obvious solution here that is rather straightforward?

Attachments

• 6E6EC3C9-B0D0-4CAB-8D94-73F8A1F21363.png
    6E6EC3C9-B0D0-4CAB-8D94-73F8A1F21363.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 16
  • BFB15255-A52E-46BA-A562-64071092FCE2.jpeg
    BFB15255-A52E-46BA-A562-64071092FCE2.jpeg
    100.9 KB · Views: 15
Just thinking out loud and off the cuff. Not really sure if this is even a good idea. But, what if you went a head and cut your strap and go with a different design such as an adjustable loop of some sort around the pole and connect another strap to that loop? Here are a couple links to give you some idea what I'm thinking. I haven't put a lot of thought into this but maybe it will spark some creative thinking. If nothing else, it might help you to decide to go this route or disassemble the bimini frame.

Just thinking out loud and off the cuff. Not really sure if this is even a good idea. But, what if you went a head and cut your strap and go with a different design such as an adjustable loop of some sort around the pole and connect another strap to that loop? Here are a couple links to give you some idea what I'm thinking. I haven't put a lot of thought into this but maybe it will spark some creative thinking. If nothing else, it might help you to decide to go this route or disassemble the bimini frame.

Thanks for the thoughts. That was one of my thoughts with the replacement strap was to feed the end with the clip through the loop, around the frame. Tomorrow morning I need to go take another look at the frame and see if that will work.

If I am going to be dissembling the frame, then I think I would replace the entire Bimini, but hoping I don’t have to go that route at this moment.

Do a search on Amazon for Plastic Clasps. I had to purchase 4 for my hot tub when the wind blew it off

Do a search on Amazon for Plastic Clasps. I had to purchase 4 for my hot tub when the wind blew it off

Thanks for the suggestion. The below is what I am finding. Not seeing how this would assist. Did I find the correct part?

I went ahead and ordered the below, guess I will find out in about 2 weeks if they solve my issue.

Attachments

• A729E6C1-A6A6-4BD4-9BF2-1E5B6D0C1BA4.jpeg
    A729E6C1-A6A6-4BD4-9BF2-1E5B6D0C1BA4.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 7D88390A-EA83-4B54-8584-AEE8784B8FA8.jpeg
    7D88390A-EA83-4B54-8584-AEE8784B8FA8.jpeg
    174.2 KB · Views: 19
So initially I over thought this.

I installed the new strap by feeding the clap end of the strap through the stitched in loop (which was around the top of the Bimini frame). Here are two photos comparing the original strap with the new strap. The clap also for the existing hardware, so no need to change that.

Took longer to open the Bimini then it did to install the new strap and cut the old one out.

C0BE0895-1E71-4842-8A8A-8021142DC038.jpeg90426E89-C73B-4212-BB66-0615F7FD4E0A.jpeg

Back