• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Black Oak LED Light Bar

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

ZippyBoater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@ZippyBoater I was thinking the upper cross member on the bimini frame. My solar panels have two bars that are above the bimini top, and it would closely mimic what I see center consoles do with their bimini tops.

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a black oak LED light on my fsh 190 good quality I drilled holes in my t top and put nutserts in the holes instead of using clamps . I can rotate it anyway I want . The one I ordered small but it's crazy bright. It's like day time in front of you.Screenshot_20190322-175229.png

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Van T perfect, that is exactly what i needed to hear. Thank you for the in sight!

Jilly Ruby Jane

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I think AMBOTHER LED Light Bar is good too, this device is designed with avant-garde SMD LED module, middle 170-degrees flood light that’s enclosed by dual row 15-degree spot light and resistant to rust and built with anti-corrosive aluminum shell

Last edited:

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
By the way, I did end up getting the Black Oak LED Light bar 30" double row, last year. It works great, and the installation wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. If you navigate unfamiliar waters at night, this light will keep you clear of hazards and help you find channel markers. I highly recommend.IMG_4967.JPGIMG_4983.JPGIMG_4994.JPGIMG_5022.JPG

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
By the way, I did end up getting the Black Oak LED Light bar 30" double row, last year. It works great, and the installation wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. If you navigate unfamiliar waters at night, this light will keep you clear of hazards and help you find channel markers. I highly recommend.View attachment 119910View attachment 119911View attachment 119912View attachment 119913
In your last picture, it shows the light focus on a spot. Is that accurate? I thought those were more of a flood light not a "spot" light.

Scarab 215

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Apologies for the delayed response, the link @Scarab 215 posted is exactly what I have. I did the 5W LEDs and combo light. If you mount it over your bimini top, you will get some reflection off of the bow but it lights up channel markers really well. I usually only use it in unfamiliar locations or to check for any debris floating in the water after dark. Additionally, I had to buy the 8ft harness extension, the 1.25" O type brackets, and sound dampeners from Black Oak. I used the O brackets to attach to the small bimini/ solar panel tubing and fished the wiring through the tower all the way to the battery.

Additionally, I purchased 16 ga, 3 strand marine wire to run the switch at the helm from the battery compartment (just fish it through and on top of the fuel tank). You will want to buy crimp and heat shrink butt connectors, plus I put additional heat shrink on top for good measure. The light bar harness comes with the fuse already, so not necessary to purchase separately. If you go with the O type brackets, you will need rubber sheeting over the bar between the brackets. I used 1/8th inch thick x 1" wide rubber sheeting and cut it to length. In all, no issues for the last year or more that I have had it installed. The folks at Black Oak are great and have exceptional customer service. Don't think this fixed light will completely remove the need for a portable spot light, but it sure does make dark waters with hazards a lot easier to navigate. If you decide to fish it through the tower, you should pick up the Cal-Hawk AZGA 125 Rubber Grommet Assortment to keep the wire from chafing on the tower at the entry and exits (also helps with water).

Hopefully that answers your main questions, let me know if I missed anything. I will try to check my account notifications more frequently.

Jane305

Reaction score
Boat Make
Grady White
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I used EXZEIT Waterproof Led Boat Light. It is also good. Manufactured with sturdy and durable aluminum housing, I am expecting this product to withstand the difficult marine condition and will be used for a long time. I also like the quality of the marine light bar mounts as it is made in pure stainless steel. Meaning, it will not corrode or absorbed rust even if it will be submerged in water which is quite impressive.

Heizen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I purchased two pair of the 7 inch Led Light Bar, Autofeel LED Pods recently as upgrades for my boat. So far I am very happy with the purchase. The lights arrived on time and well packaged. They are small, but the aluminum housings feel very solid. The clear one piece lens wraps around the front and sides of the light and appears to be sealed very tight. The only place that looks like water could get in is through the rubber grommet where the electrical wires stick out in the back. A dab of silicone should eliminate that possibility.