• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Blue 2019 AR190

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So after 3 days of rain we got to go out tonight for the second time.

Goal for today was to practice docking and low speed maneuvering.

we threw a fender out and let my wife practice slowing coming up to it and "Docking"...we will spend some more time on that later...

I practiced on the dock my self a little, winds were about 9-10 mph. I think I mostly got it down, still makes me nervous though.

After docking once I was pulling away and bumped the back rub rail on the dock and it looks like it pushed the rubber insert out. however, I don't really see where the slack came from so not sure if I stretched the rubber? here is a picture rub rail.jpg

I tried to push It back in on the trailer, I felt like it moved a little but figured I would ask before I tried to fully force it back in. I noticed in the middle there is a cover with two screws should I take this off? will that make it easier?
middle rub rail.jpg

since there was no one else at the launch my wife wanted to try backing the trailer down, still took a bit but she was able to do it all by herself this time!

here is a picture of how busy it was on the lake.

empty dock.jpg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man, your dock sure must have some traction to do that to the rub rail. I've bonked mine a number of times and it didn't do that. My suspicion is you stretched the rubber a little, and the slack is now sticking out the back in your picture. Wish I was some help on how to fix it.

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man, your dock sure must have some traction to do that to the rub rail. I've bonked mine a number of times and it didn't do that. My suspicion is you stretched the rubber a little, and the slack is now sticking out the back in your picture. Wish I was some help on how to fix it.
That’s what it appears, I was able to push it back in and it seems fine now. Just took a little finessing.