• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat cleaners

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski puts 303 on his hot dogs and burgers...

... and guess what, he's not wrong! On his advice I cleaned the whole inside (minus glass and screens) with 303AP and man, it looked like new! Even wifey commented on it.

Now I have an amazon "subscribe and save" for the big jug of 303.
Actually I do the connext screen with 303 all the time, those have been known to delaminates! Sun protection and plasticizers in 303 should help that I hope.
I also saturate the windshield rubber seals and all other rubber. Makes a mess with windows, I follow up with Windex after wiping off excess 303 (from glass).

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Actually I do the connext screen with 303 all the time, those have been known to delaminates! Sun protection and plasticizers in 303 should help that I hope.
I also saturate the windshield rubber seals and all other rubber. Makes a mess with windows, I follow up with Windex after wiping off excess 303 (from glass).

see!? Hot dogs and burgers

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I use MaryKate Ultra Vinyl Cleaner to clean vinyl and I protect it with 303 AP.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I envy you for that vinyl!
No amount of 303 can bring the quality of 2016+ Yamaha vinyl back to what they used to do !

Believe it or not, I actually didn't love the colors on this boat when I bought it. I wanted an AR230 with a tower but then found this one with way less hours and in much better shape. Now that I've had it for six seasons, I love the vinyl and the colors and am very glad I didn't buy the AR230!

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Believe it or not, I actually didn't love the colors on this boat when I bought it. I wanted an AR230 with a tower but then found this one with way less hours and in much better shape. Now that I've had it for six seasons, I love the vinyl and the colors and am very glad I didn't buy the AR230!
I’m glad you didn’t buy my SX230 from bayside jetdrive :)

DanF861

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've never thought about spraying 303 on the Connext screen, but like the idea. Have you had any issues with the display, clarity, etc when doing that?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Out of scope, but if your hull is filthy, another member suggested Barkeepers best friend soft cleaner. It's like $3 at the supermarket. HOLY COW! this is so impressive! Removes scum and baked on grime with little effort. Almost magical properties. Softly scrub with a blue scotch pad rinse in about 3 minutes. I dare you to keep your jaw from opening wide!

I wish I had known about it before. I spent hours with aggressive rubbing compounds on my old boat before I sold it, and I don't think I got as good results against baked on grime. In trying to not hype it up... But I was impressed

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've never thought about spraying 303 on the Connext screen, but like the idea. Have you had any issues with the display, clarity, etc when doing that?
No issues. I spray all gauges and entire dash/helm.
One side of my boat is partially exposed to sun. Using 303 on the graphic wrap/stickers so far no fading in third season. Very impressed.

There are two things with 303AP I’m wary about - spraying it on older canvas can hasten deterioration, and breathing the vapors - while not strictly toxic can not be good for your with all the “plasticizers”.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Out of scope, but if your hull is filthy, another member suggested Barkeepers best friend soft cleaner. It's like $3 at the supermarket. HOLY COW! this is so impressive! Removes scum and baked on grime with little effort. Almost magical properties. Softly scrub with a blue scotch pad rinse in about 3 minutes. I dare you to keep your jaw from opening wide!

I wish I had known about it before. I spent hours with aggressive rubbing compounds on my old boat before I sold it, and I don't think I got as good results against baked on grime. In trying to not hype it up... But I was impressed
Well, that’s the magic of oxalic acid.
You will get similar results with starbrite hull cleaner. I’m pretty sure.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes, but this comes in a paste, so it seemed easier to apply. I still have a bottle of the star brite I have not opened yet.

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome cleaner from the dollar store. Why spend more?
I'll bite. I just hit up the Dollar Tree and grabbed a bottle. I'll report back hopefully this week. I have a few spider/bird/other droppings and marks so I'll see what this stuff can put a dent in that Vinyl sauce could not.

jim1

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
No issues. I spray all gauges and entire dash/helm.
One side of my boat is partially exposed to sun. Using 303 on the graphic wrap/stickers so far no fading in third season. Very impressed.

There are two things with 303AP I’m wary about - spraying it on older canvas can hasten deterioration, and breathing the vapors - while not strictly toxic can not be good for your with all the “plasticizers”.

Are you using 303AP on the Connext screen or the marine multi-surface cleaner?

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I use 303 on my 12 inch screen. Seems fine.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, 303AP on the screen.
Been 4 seasons and mine is not delaminating, yet.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I use 303 on my 12 inch screen. Seems fine.
I don't use detergents on screens on boats, cars, computers, I've only used distilled water on any screen as it's pure with no oils or residue in it. Key to getting a spotless screen is to use a microfiber cloth that has been washed normally but do NOT put fabric softener in the wash and don't put sheets in the dryer. The softeners of liquids and Bounce dryer sheets contain oils and leave streaks. Just hang the cloth to dry and you'll get a spotless screen every time.

Stevenpigsooie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
303 is great. I use it on everything I own, boat, truck, camper.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Vinyl Sauce is probably the most disappointing boat thing I ever bought. It does nothing from what I can see. 303 on the interior is magic. The Hot Sauce works great for the exterior for a quick shine (but so does just about any other quick detailer).