• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat grill

Sdevore

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
hello. We have a yamaha ar240 and are looking for a good grill and mount option. I have been looking at the magma trailmate with the table mount but it appears that mount is only good for 2013 or newer? Any suggestions? Thanks

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Don’t have any good pictures of the setup, but we use a standard Weber Q set on top of the table off the swim deck. Fits perfect, and the plus side is it’s a Weber, so it grills great, and you now have a portable grill for non-boat tailgating!

Gump1976

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Weber Go Anywhere grill gets the job done. It holds the grease but juat put a layer of foil down beneath it to keep your table clean. Not really needed but I had an old set of clamps I used to hold the front legs down just in case.4F6E36D7-D7BB-4226-A4BD-31C8B48B7D61.jpeg

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used the table leg for a while but didn’t like how high it was. We boat to sandbars or hang at the flats where the stern of our boat is at waist deep or less. I’m using a bracket and seat leg from a 275 and have the grill mounted to that. I’ve used it 3 times with this configuration and it’s awesome so far. I can’t wait to cook some greasy burgers and let the grease drip in the water instead of on the SeaDek 4B07416A-6E94-40E9-9F0A-3C293E595884.jpegCEDEFAFF-5591-4901-85E7-33A06244D74E.jpeg9D3C459E-E6DA-4EDD-A3AC-ED265C0D3E16.jpeg

WetWillie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I need to get you over to my boat to install this bracket mount and reinforcement lol that’s awesome but we often anchor in over 10ft so I’d have to pfd diaper up to get enough clearance to flip and manage the grill 😂

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I need to get you over to my boat to install this bracket mount and reinforcement lol that’s awesome but we often anchor in over 10ft so I’d have to pfd diaper up to get enough clearance to flip and manage the grill 😂
My grill can sit facing away from the boat or forward like the pic. It would be no problem to flip burgers while sitting on the boat. That was kinda the idea for January when the water is too cold to hang out in

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a Kuuma grill. Got it half off at the end of last season at West Marine. Works great for me. Bought a table mount and used a piece of wood and industrial velcro. Makes it easy to take the mount off the bottom and keep everything stored in the bag.

1596055017222.png

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used the table leg for a while but didn’t like how high it was. We boat to sandbars or hang at the flats where the stern of our boat is at waist deep or less. I’m using a bracket and seat leg from a 275 and have the grill mounted to that. I’ve used it 3 times with this configuration and it’s awesome so far. I can’t wait to cook some greasy burgers and let the grease drip in the water instead of on the SeaDek
I really like it a lot. Does the mount give you water disturbance at all when underway? Did you use a backing Plate?

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I really like it a lot. Does the mount give you water disturbance at all when underway? Did you use a backing Plate?
No disturbance that I can tell. I’ll try to get a picture next time we go out. I did use a piece of 1/4 aluminum as a backing plate.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Grilling over the water with a “cheap” grill. Adjustable square tubing for different heights. Keeps grease splatter and any mess off the boat. If in deep water I can just put a towel down on the swim deck, put grill on that & cook away No12F15676-2AE7-4FEC-8FBB-C417722B227A.jpeg

Jilly Ruby Jane

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I recommend Kumma stow. I really like this grill because it is built with stainless steel and easy to remove grease tray to allow easy cleaning, very convenient.

Last edited:

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We cook out in the boat a lot, so we use our grill regularly in the summers. We had another Magma grill. It died after 15 years of great service. We figured we got our money's worth, so we purchased another one.
We really like the way they attach the lid on the new grill. We had to hang the lid on the side on the 1st Magma. This one is actually attached so it just goes to the back. And, we no longer have to use a potholder to remove the lid.
Do you have pictures of your grille setup on your 2008 Axis GT 24? We would like to see how you did it. What mount did you use?

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We cook out in the boat a lot, so we use our grill regularly in the summers. We had another Magma grill. It died after 15 years of great service. We figured we got our money's worth, so we purchased another one.
We really like the way they attach the lid on the new grill. We had to hang the lid on the side on the 1st Magma. This one is actually attached so it just goes to the back. And, we no longer have to use a potholder to remove the lid.
20220227_084513.jpg

They did not exist until 2009 and started with a 22' hull.

If I gugl it without the word "boat" at the end, I get cars...

20220227_085151.jpg

Last edited:

HailMary

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Weber Go Anywhere grill gets the job done. It holds the grease but juat put a layer of foil down beneath it to keep your table clean. Not really needed but I had an old set of clamps I used to hold the front legs down just in case.View attachment 127471
How is the grill lid staying on while open?