• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat lift adjustment for 242 LS

seabrooktx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I believe the transducer was inboard of the jets. Might be able to swing by and take a picture later.

The issue with long boards inboard of the jets, is there is a chime in the way. There were challenges setting the bunks at 45”. After doing lots of measurements on the trailer, we had to raise the bunks beyond the standard height. They are sitting at ~14” tall with about 4” clearance from the bottom of the boat in the back and 2-3” in the front. If I get time, going to toe the front of the bunks to ~40” and see if it will raise the front some.

If you’re cradle lift has a shorter span between lift posts, you probably have several options. Mine was at 14’ so that created some challenges.

Patriot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My dock on the lake is in fairly shallow water so setting them narrowly allows me to lower the lift enough to get the boat off. I usually move the lift further out a time or 2 during the season as the lake drops. Based on my vacations in the keys it appears everyone has the bunks failrly narrow no matter the size of the boat. That’s when I decided to try that also. Your results may vary. 😜

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My dock on the lake is in fairly shallow water so setting them narrowly allows me to lower the lift enough to get the boat off. I usually move the lift further out a time or 2 during the season as the lake drops. Based on my vacations in the keys it appears everyone has the bunks failrly narrow no matter the size of the boat. That’s when I decided to try that also. Your results may vary. 😜
I’m getting a shallow draft floating lift. I think I only have 6” of rise on the Vinci’s so I might be better doing this also.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are both your bunks inside of the intake grates. If so an inside to inside of bunk measurement would be helpful when ever you could grab a measurement. Thanks. Just saw you had them at 28”. What lake are you on. I was on long pond in lakeville for 20yrs.

Last edited:

Patriot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The bunks don’t quite make it to the grates. Yep Long Pond. Hit my share of stuff with my old IO. Much safer with the jet boat. U wouldn’t believe how Many Yamahas there are out there now. Grew up on the lake then moved back 4 years ago when we downsized.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The bunks don’t quite make it to the grates. Yep Long Pond. Hit my share of stuff with my old IO. Much safer with the jet boat. U wouldn’t believe how Many Yamahas there are out there now. Grew up on the lake then moved back 4 years ago when we downsized.
Thanks. My wife’s family owned Nelson’s Island from the 40’s until 2003. Where about son the lake are you?

Patriot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The sand bar down there is the party spot now. Been thru a few owners in recent years. I’m on Hemlock Point.