• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat lighting???

ndwiginton

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am looking at installing speaker ring lights and underwater lights on our 242 LS. Trying to decide on whether to go with a solid color or RGB for all of it. I know RGB will be more expensive and require more work to install but I don't want to go with the solid and end up wishing I had RGB. Any input is appreciative! thanks

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is there really that big of a price difference between single color and RGB? I recently purchased RGB cup holder rings and RGB strips that are waiting to be installed in my boat. I don't recall them being much more in price and definitely not enough to think "hmmmm maybe I should go one color". Who knows, maybe I end up really liking one color over the others but I'd never know without having the flexability of selecting whatever color I choose.

I can see a need for having a dimmed red cockpit light setting with the right music for me and the wife - wink, wink, but a very bright blue or white when my teenage girls are on the boat with their "friends"!

ndwiginton

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I can definitely see your point in all of that. Thanks

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Price point wise the lights are about the same work and hard ware wise its it is more. If just doing speaker rings it wont be to bad but if doing strip lighting in the whole boat it will be a lot more work than single lighting if your soldering your own connections.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
RGB would mean 12 solders at every location. It's a lot of work. I would not go with RGB for the underwater light. Really the only 2 colors that look good in a lake are white and blue.

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I had blue led courtesy lights on my boat so I decided to just tap into them to add all my lighting thinking it "would be easier" but I ended up having to rerun every wire because I wanted a controller to do effects on my LEDs. RGB is nice but typically people have more problems with them, maybe not in this group but I just know there's issues involved.
image.jpeg

Juwann Smith

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
0C9BDD7F-7D39-49A9-9619-B2A195BFE46A.png I have a 2016 ar 240 trying to find out if you guys had a hard time finding 2 spot to place your underwater lights on The back I brought to shadow caster leds

Summers420us

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a 2016 ar 240 trying to find out if you guys had a hard time finding 2 spot to place your underwater lights on The back I brought to shadow caster leds
I know this is old thread, but I have the same lights and working on installing on '18 242 Where did you end up putting the pucks? How did you wire it? Did you buy separate controller?