• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat movers from S Florida

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
any recommendations for reliable domestic boat movers? I need a boat shipped from Fort Lauderdale area to Houston. There're too many of them online. Unfortunately the shipping industry is known to be unreliable which makes selecting one a stressful ordeal

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Check uship.com I used that to ship a boat from Ohio to South Carolina once it was pretty painless.

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Check uship.com I used that to ship a boat from Ohio to South Carolina once it was pretty painless.
I did see that site. Was the shipping company professional, insured, etc?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did see that site. Was the shipping company professional, insured, etc?
Yes they were insured and delivered when they said the would. Basically you post on there what you want shipped and shippers actually bid on the shipment they all have reviews and ratings and you can pick which shipper you like the best. When I did it I did not accept the lowest bid but I picked the shipper who was willing to do a few extras I wanted done to insure I had a safe ship. For example my boat was on a trailer so I had many shippers willing to trailer the boat down but I picked a shipper who was going to load the boat and trailer on his flat bed trailer to tow it down so I did not have to risk any damage to my trailer on the way down. You spot might be in different spot since I don't think yours was coming with a trailer unless you purchased one but you will find many shippers on their with their own boat trailer willing to go pick it up and bring it to you.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I used Uship to deliver my first Yamaha from Maryland to Arkansas. It cost around $700 and I was very happy with the service.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
But in your situation it would be hard for me not to pick the boat up myself and enjoy some great boating on the way back.

@Murf'n'surf do you know anyone who would want to make this delivery?

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Yes they were insured and delivered when they said the would. Basically you post on there what you want shipped and shippers actually bid on the shipment they all have reviews and ratings and you can pick which shipper you like the best. When I did it I did not accept the lowest bid but I picked the shipper who was willing to do a few extras I wanted done to insure I had a safe ship. For example my boat was on a trailer so I had many shippers willing to trailer the boat down but I picked a shipper who was going to load the boat and trailer on his flat bed trailer to tow it down so I did not have to risk any damage to my trailer on the way down. You spot might be in different spot since I don't think yours was coming with a trailer unless you purchased one but you will find many shippers on their with their own boat trailer willing to go pick it up and bring it to you.
Thanks for the post! I created an account and listed it there. I already have 1 bidder but he's wanted to tow it. I'm sure I will get a suitor

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
But in your situation it would be hard for me not to pick the boat up myself and enjoy some great boating on the way back.

I thought about it but a 2400 mile round trip is a tough pill to swallow! I even tried to find 1 way pick up truck rentals to no avail

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I thought about it but a 2400 mile round trip is a tough pill to swallow! I even tried to find 1 way pick up truck rentals to no avail
@Khalid, I've towed that route a couple of times with my 24 footer. It's an easy tow route if you have a good tow rig. I'm a bit of a control freak, and I prefer to invest my time up front (towing), then at the back end with insurance claims for damage.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

I don't. I would start with asking Riva Motorsports in Pompano if they can refer you to a local delivery company that they might deal with.

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Update: I used UShip.com and had a wonderful experience! All well and she's here in Houston now

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Where do you boat? My SX230 followed a similar pilgrimage to the Houston Area from Florida late 2016, Congrats!

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Thx!
Locally, I go to Lake Houston, Conroe and Lower San Jacinto. I am GCWA group on Facebook has events and a lot of useful boating info.

My favorite boating, however, is in Lake Austin and Travis.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice. Good luck with the move.