• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Name?

Which do I pick?

• Total voters

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So, I need some advice, I can't decide on a name for my boat. I have narrowed it down to two names (one of which is in 2 different colors). What do you guys think? "ANCHORS AWEIGH" is one that not too over used and an homage to my USN days, "WAKE ZONE" is funny and also not too over used... HELP ME CHOOSE!!!!
29543310_1848761115154312_1456088088539267314_n.jpg AA black.jpg wz black.jpg wz orange.jpg

Wake Zone in black IMO. Or, do both with a 70% offset! Note: I could not find the same font you used.

View attachment 79773
I like that!!! Since there’s no orange on the boat (only black and white) it’s a subtle reference to the NWZ bouy. The font is “gunplay” on doityourselflettering.com

Since my father was in the Navy, I like anchors aweigh. Thank you for your service.

Wake Zone has an active & military feel both due to the font and the terminology.
Anchors Aweigh seems more relaxing and leisurely. Again due to the font and the terminology.
I like Anchors Aweigh but both are good in my opinion.

Wake Zone has an active & military feel both due to the font and the terminology.
Anchors Aweigh seems more relaxing and leisurely. Again due to the font and the terminology.
I like Anchors Aweigh but both are good in my opinion.
The Anchors Aweigh font is "Gilligan's Island" ... it seemed fitting. lol

Being a Navy vet I like "Anchors Aweigh". I have the exact same boat mine is "Black Pearl" because
"Yes, I am a pirate two hundred years too late
Cannons don't thunder there's nothin' to plunder
I'm an over forty(Sixty) victim of fate
Arriving too late, arriving too late
:jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad:[flag][flag][flag][flag][flag][flag][flag]

The Anchors Aweigh font is "Gilligan's Island" ... it seemed fitting. lol

Just make sure your take proper equipment and rations if you're planning on being out for more than 3 hours. :D:D

So, looks like Anchors Aweigh wins it. It’s now tagged to my MMSI, so none of you bastards better be trying to steal it!!! Hahaha
Time to get vinyl cut! Had to get this done in a hurry to tie to the radio before this weekend.
Thanks for everybody’s input!!!

I hope I am not too late to the party.
I say none of the above. Both of the terms carry a meaning which could cause confusion during radio communication.

Imagine crossing to Bimini and seeming sargass weed you ask .....

“ hydrotherapy II, do I have to slow down ?”
“No, wake zone”

I bet you money half the group will drop the throttle and will try to be respectful of the seaweed

“Semper Diem”
Or
“Semper per Diem”

Anchors Aweigh has been ordered and when/if it EVER stops raining and gets warm in VA I'll be putting it on. lol Thanks for everybody's input!!! Also, doityourselflettering.com is either cheaper now or is running a sale. The lettering was only $14 instead of $30 so I actually ordered 2 different color combinations to see in person before I put them on. I'll thorw the extra set on the trailer or something.

Back