• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Our first boat 2023 195s, short review.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
First post. 1st boat with no boat driving experience. We are loving the boat so far.

The 2023 GPS auto rotates to the direction of the boat with an option for north up. No delay on the GPS at 30mph. The GPS also has an option to save waypoint and record routes. The information stays on the GPS even after cutting the power off.The GPS is also too bright,I set the day brightness to 40% and night bright ness to 5%. The Quartz sound system is loud, just need a little EQ adjustment, it has a decent bass.
View attachment 202319

I learned about yamaha jet boat from this forum, YouTube. The only boat training that I received was from our water orientation, the guy that did the orientation owns a 242 limited S. During the orientation I noticed that I was over correcting, it was not the boat though, it was me not knowing when the steering was centered.

I search about the different mods to help with slow speed steering, then I found the thread about docking with NWM and TDE..
I did one mod to this boat and I recommend trying it before spending money on steering upgrades.
View attachment 202320
Yes painters tape on the steering, roll enough so that you can feel it without looking at the steering wheel. The boat goes wherever the steering is pointed, along with the NWM and TDE, this boat is a breeze to drive and docking is not even an issue.

Thanks to all who posted to learn how to drive the boat instead of upgrading. If a non experience like me can learn it, I'm sure the ones coming from other boat will too.

We choose the 195s because, we where told that it fits in a 22' deep garage.
View attachment 202323
So you removed the factory rudder and now you can drive a jet boat with no steering assistance just tape on the wheel Oh wait you have the factory rudder so you really do not have a real jet boat and if you did add My steering you would also have way faster turns on plane, no bow wander at speed, no loss of control while rapidly decelerating in a turn and no issues with guest operators or tacking waves in a storm. So I wasted 22 years making jet boats steer like a sports car on a dry road Wow I am so impressed I wish I had read this 22 years ago I could have patented blue tape and saved all that money and time.