• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Number Plate for inflatables

Living in the Florida climate I would probably favor hypalon over pvc for longevity. https://pumpupboats.com/inflatable-boat-fabrics-hypalon-pvc/
Saturn has been around, read the reviews. We looked at Saturn but found a West Marine PVC used and bought that which ended up being too small at 9'. We sold it for more than we bought it for and bought a 11' hypalon Zodiac cadet 330 Aluminum RIB with a 15 hp Merc on sale at Defender. Very happy with that boat and it's ability to plane. You want one that will plane. The West Marine with the inflatable hard bottom and 4hp Merc. did not.

You know how we like to spend other people's money right?

Paid $500- $600 less a couple of years ago.

Last edited:
The Defender link I posted is for a PVC material. They have none in our size with hypalon now. And prices have gone up more than I said above.

Keep in mind the rolled up weight of these boats is a hefty lump, or 2 or 3 lumps of wet bagged boat if you’re lucky, not to mention the weight of the outboard.

My no hope of plaane-ing 8’ zodiac flat bottomed cadet with everything in the bag except the outboard is over 100lbs. Changed from a Honda 5 to a Yamaha 2 stroke 3hp to keep the outboard weight down to about 30lb.

Is it fun to take a tiny boat around without a trailer, yes. Do I enjoy essentially building then taking apart, cleaning and packing a wet sandy boat in the hot sun every time I use it? Not as much as I used to.

Last edited:
Are you looking for a pure inflatable (e.g. with an inflatable floor) or a RIB with an aluminum or fiberglass hull/keel? I REALLY like the aluminum hull - super durable and fairly lightweight. The only downside of a RIB is that you're constrained by the hull size itself, it won't roll up into a small package.

On @zipper noting that model being backordered - I hunted for 6 months last year for used and new boats, stock was a serious issue, still seems to be. I ended up buying from a local New England dealer that has theirs custom made in China and Korea - So far so good. Mine is almost identical to this, paired with a 9.9HP Tohatsu: https://www.defender.com/product3.j...22&path=-1|215570|1794282|1794295&id=7647818#

I'm looking for a packable "tender" so I won't have to pay outrageous slip fees when I visit Key West..
So not looking to spend a bunch on a high quality inflatable RIB.
If I go with NEW, the SATURN SD330 PVC may be the one.
Not much out there that's USED for sale..

Back