• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Related Holiday Gifts

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
With the holiday season at hand we've been strategizing our gift ideas. I'm curious what boating products, toys, accessories you all are thinking of getting/ gifting?

I think I'm taking a break from spending money on boat accessories... maybe. 😉 But, there's a few boat related toys that we're likely to snag. Coincidentally, this week just so happens to be the deadline our pre-season order is due with O'Brien. So, I've been shopping for myself while I'm at it... and trying to exercise some self restraint... it's not easy. Lol!

Here's what we're after this year:

For myself - SubZ (O'Brien) Cooler. Should fit nicely under the seat and be good for day trips. Small, but it shouldn't need much ice to keep things chill compared to the old OEM Coleman POS.
Screenshot_20191113-225357_Chrome.jpg

For the wife - O'Brien 12v heated blanket. I think she'll get some use it of it this spring on the boat. I just discovered these in the catalog I've been staring at all year...
Screenshot_20191113-230219_Chrome.jpg

For my boys - O'Brien Microwave wakesurf board. Great quality youth/teen board. My 12 year old will definitely be in it next season and I'm hopeful I can get my 5 year old interested... He'll at least be surfing with dad next season.
Screenshot_20191113-224041_Chrome.jpg

For my parents boat - O'Brien saddles & 6'x12' Margaritaville (O'Brien) inflatable mat.
Screenshot_20191113-225050_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20191114-002603_Chrome.jpg

I'm also considering a pair of JetPiot vest for me and the wife. We'll see. My wife's birthday is Dec. 27, so maybe she'll get one then...

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd go with the Gail Force float saddles over the Obrien. Much thicker and built to last.
Perhaps, but as an O'Brien dealer I get these at wholesale, so and nearly 1/3 the cost of the Gail Force I'm taking advantage of it. I only expect them to endure moderate use and opting for the XL for extra buoyancy. Thank you for the suggestion though.

bumpy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Mike Clark

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just thought I would toss this out there, We have two of the coolers listed on the link, they fit perfectly under the seat area behind the drivers die,. Had them for 2 years, holding up very well, they are stain and anit-microbial so no mold will grow , kinda marine rated. Nice thing I like is the lid is velco, so open seat, pull up lid get out cold beverage, drop lid and good to go, no messing with latches straps etc. https://www.amazon.com/Arctic-Freeze-Zipperless-Hardbody-Cooler/dp/B01ALB98IM?th=1

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That 12V blanket looks pretty neat.

I have these on my list, but dang they’re pricey. Would want at least 4, but probably 6 would be preferred.

Taco Metals Marine Stainless Steel Quick Release Fender Lock Amazon.com : Taco Metals Marine Stainless Steel Quick Release Fender Lock : Sports & Outdoors
These are worth absolutely every penny if you routinely dock at floating docks (or consistent heights). If I had to adjust height all the time, not so much. I friggin love mine though. Fenders deployed on both sides in under a minute.

RadioWaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Jville Jeff

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Hoping wifey gets me a new fishfinder, but think that's a long shot lol

Came across an article with some good boating gift ideas: Best Gifts for Boat Owners - 2020 Boating Gift Guide. However, these have to be for someone you really care about (like yourself lol), because there aren't many options under 100.

I'm looking at that Raymarine Element. Sending her over the link as we speak ; )

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I have these on my list, but dang they’re pricey. Would want at least 4, but probably 6 would be preferred.

Taco Metals Marine Stainless Steel Quick Release Fender Lock Amazon.com : Taco Metals Marine Stainless Steel Quick Release Fender Lock : Sports & Outdoors
I bought the PhenderPro version of these as they looked a bit higher quality and install pretty easily. As others have said, best improvement to the boat I've made.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wife got these for me as Christmas Present last year.

I've never been so excited about getting towels in my life. I hate dealing with beach towels everywhere on the boat. Then they get wet when it rains, or someone splashes into the storage area, or whatever. This roll up really well, dry super quick, and are just heavy enough to be light blanket when it's cool out. They're SUPER easy to pack on the boat, and take up such little space. They're amazing!

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Wife got these for me as Christmas Present last year.

I've never been so excited about getting towels in my life. I hate dealing with beach towels everywhere on the boat. Then they get wet when it rains, or someone splashes into the storage area, or whatever. This roll up really well, dry super quick, and are just heavy enough to be light blanket when it's cool out. They're SUPER easy to pack on the boat, and take up such little space. They're amazing!
$68 for four of these? Ugh.. so many other things to buy.. how small do they roll up?

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Got some optional seadek mats from the wife. Rumor has it a new high pressure air pump from my parents......I dabbled with the new vest idea as I lost a shat ton of weight and none of them fit anymore. However, now that gyms are back open I'm gaining a butt load of it back. Sooooooo maybe by next season I'll fit back into my vests? LOL! Think that's pretty much it boat related.

Hopefully my biggest present will be my boat back from the dealer and all things fixed. :fingerscrossed: I haven't heard good things unfortunately about my dealer as far as those things go. Guess we'll see.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Hopefully my biggest present will be my boat back from the dealer and all things fixed. :fingerscrossed: I haven't heard good things unfortunately about my dealer as far as those things go. Guess we'll see.
Chatlee? If so, I'm interested to hear what negative things you've heard if you're willing to share (can DM me if you don't won't to post it publicly). We just bought our 252 from them this fall so I'd like to know what issues others have had, just to keep myself informed. Hopefully your boat is fixed to satisfaction in a reasonable timeframe!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
$68 for four of these? Ugh.. so many other things to buy.. how small do they roll up?
It sounds expensive, but it's really not. A 4 pack of generic micro-fibers on Amazon is $45 or so. The other $20 gets you towels with tags and buttons on them, and a case to hold all 4. They roll to about the diameter of a 2-liter bottle, and maybe 8-10in high. The little tag that holds them in a roll also allows you to hang them up on the bimini/tower and not have to worry about a strong breeze flipping them overboard. The microfiber dries pretty fast as well, going from fully saturated (dropped one in the water), to mostly dry in about an hour or so when spread on top of the bimini in the sun.

It's hard to really explain how much easier/nicer it is to deal with these towels as compared to the giant thick towels we had before. The convenience (especially on our smaller boat) of the case, and the fact that they roll up and are water tight is really worthwhile. I'm super happy with them and tell everyone I can about them :D

*edit* Wife just reminded me she got these on a Black Friday deal in '19 for just under $45.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Everybody needs a SHITI cooler and maybe some swag. ;) Gag gift, just for shitsandgiggles.

20201211_100328.jpg

Last edited:

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Chatlee? If so, I'm interested to hear what negative things you've heard if you're willing to share (can DM me if you don't won't to post it publicly). We just bought our 252 from them this fall so I'd like to know what issues others have had, just to keep myself informed. Hopefully your boat is fixed to satisfaction in a reasonable timeframe!
Nah Performance East out of Goldsboro. I took my boat back there as that's where I bought it from. No issues I know from the sales side, but have heard mixed reviews from the warranty/service side. Fingers crossed all goes well. I'll call them when they open on Tues to see the status of my boat. It has been in a week now, so I suspect at a minimum by then they would have heard from Yamaha.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Nah Performance East out of Goldsboro. I took my boat back there as that's where I bought it from. No issues I know from the sales side, but have heard mixed reviews from the warranty/service side. Fingers crossed all goes well. I'll call them when they open on Tues to see the status of my boat. It has been in a week now, so I suspect at a minimum by then they would have heard from Yamaha.
Gotcha. Hope all goes well with the fix!