• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat sank engine still cranks over

No they shut it off before went under water so no hydro lock.i replaced starter all ignition points condenser coil cap rotor ballast resistor plugs wires pulled carb apart got water out of bowls.amazed it fired up first try.going to pull motor and jet next
weekend

And I pulled plugs to get the water out of cylinders right when I got it home so hopefully everything is good

Run that engine for as long as you can. Want to get it nice and hot to drive off any residual water in the cylinders, block, etc.

As to the 'friend', see if he has homeowners insurance under which you can make a claim. Might not work, but worth a try. Yes, if you had insurance that might have covered it. But his homeowners may as well. It covers surprising things...

Back