• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Boat shutting off with rough tide

Be O Be

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Both motors shut down after I hit a descent size wake or rough waters. Could this be a certain shut off switch on the boat that is sensitive or not tight enough?

Yes, most likely the clean out hatch kill switches need to be adjusted. Or the hatch latches if the hatch moves up and down.

Last edited:
Yes, most likely the clean out hatch kill switches need to be adjusted. Or the hatch latches if the hatch moves up and down.
I will have that a shot. I assume there shouldn’t be any play in the hatches?

@Be O Be My boat did the same thing when I bought it. It was the clean out hatch just like @zipper mentioned. I tightened the hatch down to keep it from triggering the switches and never had it happen again. Very quick and easy fix.

Sometimes the hatch locks are not holding down................and sometimes the Stainless steel Hinges are loose.....or the switch is loose and moved out of adjustment plungers could wear down and be a problem.......bottom line plunger has to be push down far enough to work and nothing can be loose moving around.

Opps forgot to add they can just fail but when that happens it really does not take rough water to set it off. Rough water meant something moved.

Thanks guys. Gonna tighten up today and see what happens tomorrow!!!!

Back