• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat vs 2 Yamaha pwc

MacGydver

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Must moved to New Bern in December 2018. Brought my 2 jet skis with me. After taking friends out with me riding behind my wife (I don’t like to ride back of jet ski) my plan to buy a boat in 2-3 year became a “boat needed now”. Jet skis are great for a quick outage to fly at 75mph and feel some freedom but the boat is the more social comfortable and versatile choice. So vote is boat for primary choice.

I look forward to meeting others here in New Bern. We bought a SC240. I have boated a lot on lakes 15 years ago. The sounds are definitely different. Had my first “storm out of nowhere” experience last weekend heading to Cape Lookout. Made it to anchor by the lighthouse and rode it out fine but was my first experience and was nail biting. Definitely investing in VHF handheld with weather. The Capr is one of my favorite trips, Glad I have a jet boat for the shallows but there is a pretty good channel path.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome to New Bern, we love it here.
We are on the Trent almost every weekend, sometimes twice. We have a white and grey AR240 and usually anchor just in front of the New Bern CC.
we have 2 Waverunners also. So no matter what we are on the water. We Launch from Merchants on Brices Creek (we live 2 miles away)
I have notice quite a few more Jet Boats this year over last year

MacGydver

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome to New Bern, we love it here.
We are on the Trent almost every weekend, sometimes twice. We have a white and grey AR240 and usually anchor just in front of the New Bern CC.
we have 2 Waverunners also. So no matter what we are on the water. We Launch from Merchants on Brices Creek (we live 2 miles away)
I have notice quite a few more Jet Boats this year over last year
You are like our twins but with an AR instead of an SX we have 2 FXSVHO cruisers. We will look for you next Sat. (I have to go to Houston this week).

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ya see @Shiver you already have friends in NC. How would you feel if they invited you out for a nice day of dining & drinking on their boat and you reciprocated by sharing a seat on your jet ski. Seriously though...Your plan for jet skis is great for your family but doesn't leave much room for socializing. Your daughter will want to invite girlfriends (and someday b o y f r I e n d s) out on the boat. I think the difference is similar to an individual sport like tennis & golf vs a team sport like basketball or baseball. Be a team player. You seem to have a lot of new buddies down there that may be willing to help you get acquainted to your new aquatic environment. Go for it.

Shiver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Been awhile since I have been on and did not update this thread. I did purchase a 2017 AR195 July of last year. We love it and last year we were on the water every weekend until hurricane Florence came. We have yet to put it in the water since then but are going to today.

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boat...had ski first would get bored after 60 to minutes, knew within a month of buying a ski we were buying a boat. Sold ski at Hugh depreciation and no regrets.