• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Wax?

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Like x 10
There seems two be two types one in a blue bottle and another with a black and white checker board appearance that says corrosion protection that also comes in a gallon. Which do you use for the boat?

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There seems two be two types one in a blue bottle and another with a black and white checker board appearance that says corrosion protection that also comes in a gallon. Which do you use for the boat?
Blue bottle. I think the only difference is the amount of product. 16 oz blue bottle has lasted me 2 years. That is doing my boat twice so far, 4 cars (3 twice). I just started on my second bottle and reapplied to my truck.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Blue bottle. I think the only difference is the amount of product. 16 oz blue bottle has lasted me 2 years. That is doing my boat twice so far, 4 cars (3 twice). I just started on my second bottle and reapplied to my truck.
They have both in 16 oz but only the checkered in a gallon. But I’ll get the blue since it sounds like I only need the little one. Thanks.

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Starbrite Premium Cleaner Wax and Premium Marine Polish. Their PTEF ingredient is incredible, I use it on all of my vehicles.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Just ordered a 12 oz bottle of rejeX from amazon with $4 shipping for next day delivery. Wasn't happy with the Turtle carnaubu cleaner wax paste (even applied 2x). Hope this stuff last longer.
It's on! Goes on easy, and comes off easy. Looks great!!! Hope it lasts. Time will tell...

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Rejex WARNING!!! It works. It works too well in some ways. I decided to do the bottom of the hull in rejex (a creeper helps a lot here) and stay with meguiars flagship for the sides. I went to put the boat on my older style floating side tie lift which requires the bow be raised first. Darn good thing I was in the boat doing that with a remote as it slid right off the lift headed for another dock. Luckily I was able to use that dock and my feet to stop it before any impact and then get the engines started right away so no damage but it was hairy.

I have rigged some dock lines from the lift to the stern tie downs with some stainless quick clips which worked perfectly for using the lift going fowards.

I imagine this could be an issue with other lifts and trailering as well so be careful folks. Rejex is slicker than anything I have ever used on the boat. I did wipe down the bottom of the hull with tub and tile cleaner first so it was best prepared to receive the rejex and that really good prep may have contributed. I followed the rejex directions to a T and even applied close to dusk in dry weather. It was not all that easy to get off after the full hazing period as directed. Perhaps the tub and tile cleaner prep contribued to that as well.

Tagging @swatski since I know he has a lift and was considering trying this. Please tag others you may know.

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Collinite #883 Fleetwax Marine and Aeronautical Wax...I've tried just about everything and this is the best I've seen in terms of durably and shine. Colllinite has been around for over 80 years and has a strong following in the marine market.

untitled.png

Rylee44

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So I ended up trying out Rejex due to this thread. Bought two bottles from Amazon for my 242 and I believe I almost used half of one of those bottles for the entire boat. I followed the instructions and allowed it to cure for 48 hours before taking it to the water. The boat looks great, slick as could be. It went on easy and came off easy. Thanks for the recommendation and pictures attached.

Attachments

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
It's on! Goes on easy, and comes off easy. Looks great!!! Hope it lasts. Time will tell...
I've had it in the water twice, can't tell. So far it's a winner!

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Rejex WARNING!!! It works. It works too well in some ways. I decided to do the bottom of the hull in rejex (a creeper helps a lot here) and stay with meguiars flagship for the sides. I went to put the boat on my older style floating side tie lift which requires the bow be raised first. Darn good thing I was in the boat doing that with a remote as it slid right off the lift headed for another dock. Luckily I was able to use that dock and my feet to stop it before any impact and then get the engines started right away so no damage but it was hairy.

I have rigged some dock lines from the lift to the stern tie downs with some stainless quick clips which worked perfectly for using the lift going fowards.

I imagine this could be an issue with other lifts and trailering as well so be careful folks. Rejex is slicker than anything I have ever used on the boat. I did wipe down the bottom of the hull with tub and tile cleaner first so it was best prepared to receive the rejex and that really good prep may have contributed. I followed the rejex directions to a T and even applied close to dusk in dry weather. It was not all that easy to get off after the full hazing period as directed. Perhaps the tub and tile cleaner prep contribued to that as well.

Tagging @swatski since I know he has a lift and was considering trying this. Please tag others you may know.
It is slick, I do the bottom of the boat too. I do it on the trailer so no issues like that. It is awesome to not have to clean the boat every use. My diesel trucks are in and out of landfills all day long. We wash once a week and barely have to use a brush to get the dirt and crap off. Oh and those paccar mx-13 motors picked 1-2 mpg

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I ended up trying out Rejex due to this thread. Bought two bottles from Amazon for my 242 and I believe I almost used half of one of those bottles for the entire boat. I followed the instructions and allowed it to cure for 48 hours before taking it to the water. The boat looks great, slick as could be. It went on easy and came off easy. Thanks for the recommendation and pictures attached.
love the GT-R in the background btw

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
the lake where I wet slip mine is a mud bottom lake and the boats bottom gets algae and brown water stains in a matter of weeks. I pull the boat a couple times a year and give it an acid wash. In between, I'll brush it weekly at sandbars. Wonder if applying Rejex to the water line and below would prevent or not some of this growth of scum on the boat. Anyone have thoughts on whether or not Rejex is good a preventing growth of scum?

kkees

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have a 2019 Scarab 195, built in late February. I wonder when Rejex is ok put on with such a new paint job? My vehicle has a recent repair and was suggested to not wax for 6 weeks, which is the reason I bring up the question. I would like to get a good protectant on before i have to apply any cleaner first to the boat before the Rejex. The boat has been on the water 3 times so far. I'm thinking just use my Meguiars Car wash and then apply Rejex and let it sit a couple of days. The water has a lot of limestone in it here in central TX and have been wiping it down when pulling it out of the water to prevent those limestone spots. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 2019 Scarab 195, built in late February. I wonder when Rejex is ok put on with such a new paint job? My vehicle has a recent repair and was suggested to not wax for 6 weeks, which is the reason I bring up the question. I would like to get a good protectant on before i have to apply any cleaner first to the boat before the Rejex. The boat has been on the water 3 times so far. I'm thinking just use my Meguiars Car wash and then apply Rejex and let it sit a couple of days. The water has a lot of limestone in it here in central TX and have been wiping it down when pulling it out of the water to prevent those limestone spots. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
The car wash might not strip any wax if they put any on at the factory. I use dawn on the gelcoat only and do not get it on the rubber or vinyl of the boat.

rejex is a sealant, I understand your thoughts about the gel coat curing? @Glassman would probably be the best source here.
RejeX FAQ's

Mailing Address
P.O. Box 551625
Dallas, TX 75355-1625 Corporate Office
2638 National Drive
Garland, TX 75041
972.271.7361 (office)
972.278.9721 (fax)
800.638.7361 (toll free)
info@corrosionx.com
You could always ask the manufacturer of rejex

Last edited:

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
The car wash might not strip any wax if they put any on at the factory. I use dawn on the gelcoat only and do not get it on the rubber or vinyl of the boat.
Dawn dish washing liquid is meant to cut grease and cleans exceptionally well however it's not meant for surfaces where there is wax (cars, boats, motorcycles, etc.) It'll end up removing any wax you have on that item. Ask me how I know this. o_O Better to buy product meant to clean that product where it'll protect the wax.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Dawn dish washing liquid is meant to cut grease and cleans exceptionally well however it's not meant for surfaces where there is wax (cars, boats, motorcycles, etc.) It'll end up removing any wax you have on that item. Ask me how I know this. o_O Better to buy product meant to clean that product where it'll protect the wax.
Exactly, you need to remove the wax, before you apply rejex. You can wax on top of rejex. It will not properly seal with wax under it.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Here’s the companies description...
RejeX high gloss finish that protects

Sounds like wax on top is not needed, and that it can be applied over wax but it’s better to remove the wax so it lasts longer.

I’m going to to try it on my boat this summer. Hopefully there’s a little less staining to scrub off below the water line when I pull the boat out in the fall.

Waylander

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Well because of this poll I just ordered by bottle of Rejex..... I put up some before and after photos but it will be next weekend before I get to it.