• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Wax?

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone applying rejex with a soft foam pad? I normally use a soft foam finishing pad on a porter cable 7424. Any problem using the same for this?
I would worry about heat transfer on the rejex. Applications should be done in the shade below 85 degrees. You truly would waste it as well using a buffer. A orbital maybe.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I might have to jump on the bandwagon. I'll have to buff out some scratches this year, so I plan on

1. Wash with Dish Soap
2. Use a buffer and remove scratches with 3M Perfect-It Medium compound
3. Seal with Rejex

Quick question, if the 3M compound has wax (all in one) would it be ok to use rejex on top of the compound to seal?
I would buff first , and do then wash. I use the 3m compound and 3m finesse it

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I would worry about heat transfer on the rejex. Applications should be done in the shade below 85 degrees. You truly would waste it as well using a buffer. A orbital maybe.
I don't mind putting it on by hand. I was just curious. I do also have a very basic orbital so maybe I'll go that route. Thanks for the input!

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't mind putting it on by hand. I was just curious. I do also have a very basic orbital so maybe I'll go that route. Thanks for the input!
Imo you are wasteing effort with the buffer or orbital. A simple wax pad by hand is all you need. It truly is a easy on and easy off.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
What about the large stickers on the sides of boats, okay to put Rejex on them or avoid putting the product on stickers?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What about the large stickers on the sides of boats, okay to put Rejex on them or avoid putting the product on stickers?
Good question, I have Rejexed the stickers. Figured they designed Rejex for RVs which have a lot of vinyl and those hull stickers are vinyl.

When I first got this boat (new) I applied several coats of 303AP to all hull graphics to prevent fading.
So far it’s all good.

Last edited:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It shouldn't be any reason to avoid the stickers that I can see. You're protecting the stickers with the application as well.

Redneck_4Play

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I applied it to all the graphics. I think it will help protect them and it really shined them up and made them pop.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Cool thanks for the Sticker thoughts...

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I put it on all our surfboards too!

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bit the bullet and bought some today, lol! I've got a detail closet in my garage that would rival most professional detailers but never owned a boat (this size) before. Although it's in really good condition and has a nice shine just using Hot Sauce, the photo's of everyone's boat with Rejex convinced me to throw some on =)

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bit the bullet and bought some today, lol! I've got a detail closet in my garage that would rival most professional detailers but never owned a boat (this size) before. Although it's in really good condition and has a nice shine just using Hot Sauce, the photo's of everyone's boat with Rejex convinced me to throw some on =)
Interested in your impressions of it!
They say it’s the same thing as the Nu-finish that’s been around forever.
Works great, whatever it is!

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski Will do! If I'll remember, I'll try and get some before and after shots if I can get it done this week.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Interested in your impressions of it!
Works great, whatever it is!

just a fyi, Nu finish has silicone, rejex does not.

excerpt from the link

"Now that you know the background, here is a little product information in case you want to know more. RejeX is not harmful to paint like some products containing silicone oils. Products containing silicone oil (free silicone) will make a car shine really well, but it gets absorbed into paint, which causes very undesirable effects if you need to apply a new coat of paint in the future. Because the free silicone molecules have absorbed deep into the paint, and because they are very slippery, the new paint won’t stick unless the paint shop takes extreme measures to remove every bit of existing paint. Most car owners aren’t aware of the issues surrounding free silicones, but with RejeX you don’t have to worry about this issue at all!"

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After my dad passed away, I was going through his car care stuff, and I found and used his NuFinish on my black snow blower. While it was awesome for that, I HATED the application. It may have been old or something, but I would not call it a nice process. It seemed far more difficult than it should to buff out. I saved it to use on the snowmower again, because it WAS better than anything else I'd used. It makes sense that the silicone helped with snow, and when the time comes to repaint it, it'll be taken down to bare metal, so I'm not worried about adhesion.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
<waxing the bottom of the boat> I do. Helps to go faster...:winkingthumbsup"
Actually if you do some research I think will find that waxing the bottom of the boat makes it go slower. I've been told that boat racers typically scuff the bottom of their boats to allow for less friction. I know it sound counterintuitive but if you have a non-waxed surface the water "sticks" to it (think of a waxed car where the water runs off but an unwaxed car the water kinda "sticks to the surface"). So you say, well if water doesn't stick to a waxed bottom, it will be slicker right? Well the kicker is that there is less friction with water on water and more friction with water on gel coat. So you actually want some water to be "sticking" to the bottom of the boat to allow for less friction with the running water. At least this is how I remember it explained to me way back when. Could this all be full of shit? Absolutely, my wife thinks that about stuff I tell her all the time. But its what I remember from somewhere in my past - do your own research, if nothing else its an interesting concept to look into. :D

Edit: Obviously this affect either way would likely be negligible except in racing where every millisecond counts.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Actually if you do some research I think will find that waxing the bottom of the boat makes it go slower. I've been told that boat racers typically scuff the bottom of their boats to allow for less friction. I know it sound counterintuitive but if you have a non-waxed surface the water "sticks" to it (think of a waxed car where the water runs off but an unwaxed car the water kinda "sticks to the surface"). So you say, well if water doesn't stick to a waxed bottom, it will be slicker right? Well the kicker is that there is less friction with water on water and more friction with water on gel coat. So you actually want some water to be "sticking" to the bottom of the boat to allow for less friction with the running water. At least this is how I remember it explained to me way back when. Could this all be full of shit? Absolutely, my wife thinks that about stuff I tell her all the time. But its what I remember from somewhere in my past - do your own research, if nothing else its an interesting concept to look into. :D

Edit: Obviously this affect either way would likely be negligible except in racing where every millisecond counts.
That is correct. The ultimate there are stepped hulls (with a chine across).
In case of our jet boats the caveat here is that any disturbance in surface tension that would promote hull speed moving through the water will also disturb water flow into the intakes, and in case of a stepped hull - air intrusion (ventilation) of the pumps - not good!

--

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I'm about to join the Rejex users and give this stuff a shot.

For those that have used Rejex, what do you use it on besides the gel coat? The black plastic? Powder coated tower? Chrome? Glass?
Also, how bad is it to get it on the vinyl seats - meaning how careful do I have to be when doing the gel coat along the seat backs etc.