• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Wax?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm about to join the Rejex users and give this stuff a shot.

For those that have used Rejex, what do you use it on besides the gel coat? The black plastic? Powder coated tower? Chrome? Glass?
Also, how bad is it to get it on the vinyl seats - meaning how careful do I have to be when doing the gel coat along the seat backs etc.
So far I only used it on the outside but it comes on and off the rub rail, graphic stickers, and vinyl registration lettering great - leaving it shiny!

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm about to join the Rejex users and give this stuff a shot.

For those that have used Rejex, what do you use it on besides the gel coat? The black plastic? Powder coated tower? Chrome? Glass?
Also, how bad is it to get it on the vinyl seats - meaning how careful do I have to be when doing the gel coat along the seat backs etc.
From their website:
REJEX PROTECTS AND BEAUTIFIES SMOOTH PAINTED SURFACES, GLASS, ACRYLIC, GELCOAT / FIBERGLASS, GLOSSY PLASTIC, POLISHED METAL, SEALED STONE AND SYNTHETIC SURFACES

If you got some on your seat, I'd personally wipe it off using a cleaner/de-greaser. It's possible it would provide a super slick surface which you probably don't want on your seats or someone is going to be sliding around when you're out on the water!

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
First time with Rejex today. Love it, its really easy on/off. I'm not the type of guy that enjoys spending all day detailing my boat, I just want to use it. I am however the type of guy that really takes care of his stuff so there is a love hate relationship with detailing my boat. So any product that makes this easier is welcome. I did every shiny smooth surface on the entire boat inside and outside (except any vinyl of course) - gel coat, black plastic, tower, etc. The only caution I would say is try not to get it on any of those brushed aluminum parts (handles, emblems), it is very hard to get off if you drip/slop any on those parts. Plastic, stainless, powder coat, gel coat all fair game. Thanks for the suggestion! :winkingthumbsup"

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last edited:

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got a bottle of the Rejex. What are you applying it with? I grew up using the yellow circular pads.

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
just a fyi, Nu finish has silicone, rejex does not.

excerpt from the link

"Now that you know the background, here is a little product information in case you want to know more. RejeX is not harmful to paint like some products containing silicone oils. Products containing silicone oil (free silicone) will make a car shine really well, but it gets absorbed into paint, which causes very undesirable effects if you need to apply a new coat of paint in the future. Because the free silicone molecules have absorbed deep into the paint, and because they are very slippery, the new paint won’t stick unless the paint shop takes extreme measures to remove every bit of existing paint. Most car owners aren’t aware of the issues surrounding free silicones, but with RejeX you don’t have to worry about this issue at all!"
Both 3-m and meguiars have silicone in their marine wax... which they claim is a good thing for boats.

REM835

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I usually use Klasse or Collinite but after reading all this I gave Rejex a shot. As stated, easy on easy off. It does shine great but no better than my other results. Took the boat out tonight for the first time since using the Rejex and in my opinion where this product shines is wiping off the boat after pulling out of the water. I was able to effortlessly dry off the boat and it looks like I never had it in the water. I’m sold and will keep using it.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Both 3-m and meguiars have silicone in their marine wax... which they claim is a good thing for boats.
I have a ton of 3m stuff and a couple meguairs. The 3 m stuff is good. The rejex works the absolute best for me. A quick wipe at the ramp and it's done. I use it on all my. If trucks as well as personal. My paccar mx 15 motors have seen in mpg not much but hey when you strive to get 5 mpg and get better, bonus. Wash those trucks is way easier than it was as well.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have a ton of 3m stuff and a couple meguairs. The 3 m stuff is good. The rejex works the absolute best for me. A quick wipe at the ramp and it's done. I use it on all my. If trucks as well as personal. My paccar mx 15 motors have seen in mpg not much but hey when you strive to get 5 mpg and get better, bonus. Wash those trucks is way easier than it was as well.
Right, but the silicone in nu finish is not necessarily a reason to avoid it for boat use. Might actually be better. It’s cheap and easy to find... we need someone to do one half their boat in rejex and the other in nu finish for comparison ;)

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You should do it since you said new finish is better than reject we will all like to see then.
Can’t say that one is better than the other. I haven’t used either on my boat. But 3m says silicone is gooder.

I tell you what though, send me some rejex and the next time I see an almost full bottle of nu finish at a yard sale i will cough up the 25 cents and do a comparison. Going to have to wait a year and half for results though...I just put my boat in the water for the year. Wife already is jealous. Not sure she could handle me hauling the boat out just to wax her.

This year I went with Turtle super hard shell wax.

(It has silicone in it)

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Can’t say that one is better than the other. I haven’t used either on my boat. But 3m says silicone is gooder.

I tell you what though, send me some rejex and the next time I see an almost full bottle of nu finish at a yard sale i will cough up the 25 cents and do a comparison. Going to have to wait a year and half for results though...I just put my boat in the water for the year. Wife already is jealous. Not sure she could handle me hauling the boat out just to wax her.

This year I went with Turtle super hard shell wax.

(It has silicone in it)
Personally I know that rejex works great for my boat. It comes out of the water after a quick wipe down with just a towel.

It's more of a ease of use. That is what this product great for me. I love my stuff to be clean and always wore myself out keeping stuff clean. I just refreshed my rejex on my commuter car. I spent more time cleaning and polishing wheels than I did on my rejex. So after I was done I decided to strip the wheel polish and rejex the wheels. 20190611_182812.jpg

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Personally I know that rejex works great for my boat. It comes out of the water after a quick wipe down with just a towel.

It's more of a ease of use. That is what this product great for me. I love my stuff to be clean and always wore myself out keeping stuff clean. I just refreshed my rejex on my commuter car. I spent more time cleaning and polishing wheels than I did on my rejex. So after I was done I decided to strip the wheel polish and rejex the wheels. View attachment 96658
I’m planning to try rejex or nu finish. Had hoped to this year but ran out of time.

I Keep my boat wet slipped and have been doing an acid wash/3m restore/wax/quick wax as needed. Problem is once the water warms up to 80+ the wax starts to disappear pretty quick. The lake we are on has a high iron content so the hull starts to stain by August especially along the water line.

Hopefully either rejex or nu finish would make it through a season.

Rumbo

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just joined the Rejex club at everyone here’s recommendations. Super easy to apply and wipe off and it sure shines! I hope spots come off a lot easier coming out of the water! I used to use Mequiars 56 which looked great but only lasted 2-3 lake trips/wash cycles.

Attachments

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I also joined the Rejex club here. I’ve only done my truck so far but it was easy. The bugs no longer glue to the paint.

I have no idea what that's like 🙄

This is what is considered to be "not bad"

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I always seem to have a problem with applying a product when it's supposed to be applied "thin", and the Rejex has been no different. I'm applying it in the shade, and so far, here are the tips I found that have made this a little bit easier (I'll try to remember to add links later for what I used for some things):

Wash the boat AND clay it prior to application, and dry thoroughly.

Using a rectangular terry cloth applicator, add a healthy splooge of Rejex to said applicator and work it in with your fingers really well until it seems to have disappeared. Now add a little Rejex at a time and go to town on your boat.

Apply in some sort of light so you can see if you have a "thin" coat on, or if you just missed an area. I worked with the sun at my back

This may turn out to be a complete mistake, but the wife got a damp washcloth and "evened out" all the Rejex after it hazed over, let it haze over one more time, and then buffed it off. There were spots that she'd never been able to buff off without doing this.

Now that we've finished, it DOES feel slicker than shit through a goose, but I'm hoping our approach will hold up for a while. The alternative for me is to take my buffer to it on the tougher spots. I have a unique issue that will demonstrate quite readily if this will be acceptable or not. Apparently the relatives took a bath in the lake at our reunion and left a ring around the lake 😁 Purple Power got that scum line off, because nothing else touched it