• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Wax?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm about to join the Rejex users and give this stuff a shot.

For those that have used Rejex, what do you use it on besides the gel coat? The black plastic? Powder coated tower? Chrome? Glass?
Also, how bad is it to get it on the vinyl seats - meaning how careful do I have to be when doing the gel coat along the seat backs etc.
So far I only used it on the outside but it comes on and off the rub rail, graphic stickers, and vinyl registration lettering great - leaving it shiny!

ralphsmithiii

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm about to join the Rejex users and give this stuff a shot.

For those that have used Rejex, what do you use it on besides the gel coat? The black plastic? Powder coated tower? Chrome? Glass?
Also, how bad is it to get it on the vinyl seats - meaning how careful do I have to be when doing the gel coat along the seat backs etc.
From their website:
REJEX PROTECTS AND BEAUTIFIES SMOOTH PAINTED SURFACES, GLASS, ACRYLIC, GELCOAT / FIBERGLASS, GLOSSY PLASTIC, POLISHED METAL, SEALED STONE AND SYNTHETIC SURFACES

If you got some on your seat, I'd personally wipe it off using a cleaner/de-greaser. It's possible it would provide a super slick surface which you probably don't want on your seats or someone is going to be sliding around when you're out on the water!

MidnightRider

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
First time with Rejex today. Love it, its really easy on/off. I'm not the type of guy that enjoys spending all day detailing my boat, I just want to use it. I am however the type of guy that really takes care of his stuff so there is a love hate relationship with detailing my boat. So any product that makes this easier is welcome. I did every shiny smooth surface on the entire boat inside and outside (except any vinyl of course) - gel coat, black plastic, tower, etc. The only caution I would say is try not to get it on any of those brushed aluminum parts (handles, emblems), it is very hard to get off if you drip/slop any on those parts. Plastic, stainless, powder coat, gel coat all fair game. Thanks for the suggestion! :winkingthumbsup"