• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Wax?

Jilly Ruby Jane

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Flagship premium marine wax of Meguiar,.This is a good wax, easy to use. My only problem with it, is that it's not very hydrophobic. If you are one to believe that the wax isn't working if it won't repel water then this isn't the wax for you. It did effectively remove oxidation and appears to be keeping it from coming back.

MissScarlet

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Flagship premium marine wax of Meguiar,.This is a good wax, easy to use. My only problem with it, is that it's not very hydrophobic. If you are one to believe that the wax isn't working if it won't repel water then this isn't the wax for you. It did effectively remove oxidation and appears to be keeping it from coming back.
Yes, I have some of this and it is a good wax. I’ve been alternating this, Klasse, and Meguiars Ceramic wax and dry and detailer. My 2015 sparkles like new!

Jane305

Reaction score
Boat Make
Grady White
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I am also using Meguiar's flagship cleaner. I've tried all sorts of 'miracle' waxes and good-ole Meguiars Flagship Marine outshines them all. Easy to put on and take off. Excellent for cars also.

Bohdiez

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Checked out on Rejex website and says that it isn’t sold or shipped to California? Is this product not environmentally friendly? Being from Canada I don’t think we have same issues as they do? Just curious before I make the purchase

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Checked out on Rejex website and says that it isn’t sold or shipped to California? Is this product not environmentally friendly? Being from Canada I don’t think we have same issues as they do? Just curious before I make the purchase
California has the strictest rules/policies on what can enter their state. Many products (not just wax) cannot be sold in California. You'll be fine.

Bohdiez

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
California has the strictest rules/policies on what can enter their state. Many products (not just wax) cannot be sold in California. You'll be fine.
Ok sweet. Gonna give it a shot in the spring when gets little warmer then foot of snow on the ground.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Ok sweet. Gonna give it a shot in the spring when gets little warmer then foot of snow on the ground.
LOL, Same here. I live in Florida and it's 45° right now. I have to wait to try a new Turtle Wax Graphene was I just purchased. Seems I may have to move further South :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No idea why, but it can be a combination of things for California. Could be one of the ingredients used, could be the VOC's, who knows. I can say this - I recently had to buy something metal that would never be ingested/licked/suckled/otherwise, and I had to remove the big sticker that came on it saying it was "made with items known to blow up the world and destroy civilization as we know it if you even open this package"...paraphrasing, but... so there's sometimes nothing other than the regulations that these things MUST be included to be considered for sale in that state, no matter the possibility or potential.

In other news, I figured I'd take a look at their site again, and I don't recall this info being there last time I checked, so I'm just gonna repost it here for those who haven't gone to their site. Helps me too, in how to apply - I DEFINITELY don't remember them having buffer "tips" regarding application, so from their site:

==============================================================================================

RejeX SHOULD NOT be used on porous surfaces, highly textured surfaces (such as the plastic/rubber trim on some SUVs), oxidized painted surfaces or oxidized (chalky) gelcoat/fiberglass. If a painted / gelcoat surface is worn/oxidized, polish to remove "dead" oxidized paint and gel coat / fiberglass before applying RejeX.

Buffers work just fine for applying / removing RejeX. If you use a buffer, do not apply RejeX with pressure, simply use the buffer to spread out (and/or wipe off) the product.

RejeX can be applied in multiple coats – allowing at least 4 hours curing time between coats – for greater depth of gloss and extended longevity.

RejeX can be used over existing wax, however, the duration of protection will be reduced as the softer underlying wax degrades comparatively quickly. Waxes can be applied over RejeX, however many of the benefits of RejeX may be negated and the wax finish will typically not last very long due to adhesion limitations. It should also be noted that many waxes (particularly those products described as "restorer waxes") and all polishes contain abrasives, which can strip the thin RejeX film.

If a RejeX-treated surface needs repainting, normal paint preparation is all that’s required. Abrasive cleaners, polishes or rubbing compounds will remove the RejeX film.

===============================================================================================

INSTRUCTIONS
(a more thorough version than what we had room for on the label)

1. Shake well.
  2. Apply to a clean, dry surface that is cool to the touch. Avoid applying in direct sunlight when ambient temperatures are greater than 85° F. On hot days, we recommend RejeXing in the shade, early morning or in the afternoon. For larger vehicles such as RVs, busses and yachts, a good trick for dealing with hot days is to apply RejeX to the top and western facing side in the morning and the eastern facing side in the afternoon, so that you're always working on the shady side.
  3. After RejeX dries to a haze (about 10-20 minutes), wipe off with a clean cloth. Unlike waxes that require strenuous rubbing or buffing to remove, RejeX should wipe off easily.
  4. Allow RejeX to cure for 8-12 hours out of the elements. The higher the humidity, the faster RejeX cures.
  5. While it it not uncommon for a RejeX treatment to last well over a year, for optimum protection, reapply every 6 months or as needed (e.g. when bugs and other contaminants begin sticking to leading edges of wings and front bumpers, when brake dust begins sticking more tenaciously to wheels, etc.)

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
For any Canadians looking to get some Rejex, I found it at my local AMO (approved maintenance organization .... ie place that does maintenance on aircraft). They also carry ACF-50 which is great if you need to keep corrosion at bay, especially in a salt water environment.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Bought Rejex and it's great stuff, but it's too expensive here in Canada. I'm going to limit use to hard to clean areas like the tower where we get bug splats from trailering. The rest of the boat will be going back to Mequiar's Ultimate polymer liquid wax from now on, with detailer spray for touch up. I've used it for years with great results, and it's easy to apply and lasts.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Bought Rejex and it's great stuff, but it's too expensive here in Canada. I'm going to limit use to hard to clean areas like the tower where we get bug splats from trailering. The rest of the boat will be going back to Mequiar's Ultimate polymer liquid wax from now on, with detailer spray for touch up. I've used it for years with great results, and it's easy to apply and lasts.
I found it for 19.99 at my local airport. Haven't been able to try it yet though, it's too cold outside for boatwork.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I found it for 19.99 at my local airport. Haven't been able to try it yet though, it's too cold outside for boatwork.
Oh that's a decent price...nowhere to buy it around here and no local airport. There's an airport in Kingston maybe I could try.

Jet Boat Okie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Question, do you need to wax a brand new boat, or do they wax at the manufacturer? I was thinking to put a preseason coat on it this weekend, but because it’s new I’m wondering if that’s helpful or not.

lokart

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is like the longest running thread I think I've ever seen. This may have already been suggested, didn't read all 8 pages, but try to find a local ceramic coating detailing company. The ceramic coating has a 5 year warranty and can be applied to the cushions as well. I don't even have to wash my boat anymore. I just rinse it off. Even the green lake line just rinses right off. Nothing sticks to the haul, good in fresh or salt water.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Question, do you need to wax a brand new boat, or do they wax at the manufacturer? I was thinking to put a preseason coat on it this weekend, but because it’s new I’m wondering if that’s helpful or not.
Highly recommend. I didn't have time to wax mine before her first trip, and now there is grunge all over the boat. Will definitely be putting a good coat of Meguiars Marine Wax before the next trip.

Jane305

Reaction score
Boat Make
Grady White
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I recently used Collinite 925 both on boats and cars, applying it with a random orbital polisher, and it holds up really well.

Hilario Perez

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
7BD461C2-12D1-47F3-AB69-3F5A9FA01A94.jpeg

I like to use this on my boat and cars it work awesome and lasts for a good 4 to 6 months.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Couple times a year I use NuFinish for a coat of wax. And I spray F11 Top Coat, because it's much easier using the spray. But I use McGuires Wash/Wax everytime I wash my boat. I feel like the odd ball now haha

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Couple times a year I use NuFinish for a coat of wax. And I spray F11 Top Coat, because it's much easier using the spray. But I use McGuires Wash/Wax everytime I wash my boat. I feel like the odd ball now haha
Meguiars is the only products I use. Car, truck, boat. Nothing bests Meguiars.