• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Boating Etiquette. Launches, Gas, PWCs, etc. And a shovel.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't know if a boat paddle would be an acceptable substitute for a shovel, but it seems that CWB Board Co has come up with an effective training method for keeping people in line when it comes to boats.

That funny right there and so true.

Gotta work on that shovel mod now!!

Seriously boat ramp etiquette really needs to be taught more. I have been boating since i was a baby and i get so frustrated having to wait in line for uneducated or others who have no courtesy. I always prep my boat or skis out other way of traffic and almost always get passed up and they get on the ramp and then pre their boat. Jeez.. get a clue.

Great vids

Last week we had someone with a small fishing boat back down into the center of the launch to retrieve, blocking both lanes. They took their time hooking it up... then pulled several feet out of the water and were messing around with something or other. GET OUT OF THE WAY! If you can pull it 15 feet out of the water, keep it moving and get out of the launch area.

Another one of mine is people fishing at the boat ramp. Your fishing line needs to be removed from the water when i plan to dock where you are sitting. Fish somewhere else.
I towed someone in one day to a busy ramp and there was a man fishing. He wouldn't move so i could pull the stranded boat up to the dock so he could tie off

Seriously boat ramp etiquette really needs to be taught more. I have been boating since i was a baby and i get so frustrated having to wait in line for uneducated or others who have no courtesy. I always prep my boat or skis out other way of traffic and almost always get passed up and they get on the ramp and then pre their boat. Jeez.. get a clue.

Great vids

I actually do 95% of my prep at home. Plugs installed, everything... the only thing I need to do in the prep area is to load everyone besides myself and whoever is parking the truck into the boat, life jackets on the kids and retract the transom straps. But yeah, then you get the dingbats who cut line, pull up onto the launch and then start loading the coolers and everything onto the boat. SHOVEL TIME!

th.jpg

I do have patience for those that have some difficulty backing down a rack since I don't do it often enough and usually will jump out to help them. However, the folks that stop their boats two feet from the water infuriate me. That's just being a jackass.

I once saw a guy who backed off his boat then noticed he had a loose bunk and rather than pull the trailer out of the water, he decided to work the bunk while the trailer was still in the water. His wife just sat there holding a line to the boat blocking the courtesy dock. The extra $$$ for a slip is just peace of mind.

It would be nice if they would Require viewing those videos prior to any purchase. ;)

"Send a wire to the main office, tell 'em I said OWWWWwwwww..."

The guys that drive down the ramp and then load up their boats with gear, tackle, coolers, etc are the ones I give the stink eye to.

Last edited:
If I were their brand manager I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have it associated with hitting people with a shovel although I agree with everything except the rigidity of expecting people to pay for gas. If I invite folks they are honored guests, otherwise expectations would be set up front....i.e., hey, we're going out boarding and we are splitting the gas it will be $X.

I concur about the gas. It's a nice gesture but if I'm out there, I was going anyways. I'd rather them bring food or drink.

I'm the same about gas. If I invite you you're not expected to bring anything. Good friends always bring drinks or burgers for the grill. That's good with me. As far as the ramp goes I see this all the time and it pisses me off. Especially when I pay for a season ramp pass. I would pay extra if they had a dock master. You can t fix stupid.

I drop in most often at a local county park (Nag - for those nearby) and each year they have a new crew of noob college kids working the top of the hill and the ramp. They usually get fairly good by the end of the season, but the first few weekends drive me nuts. A week ago Saturday, ramp kid was actually directing people to do staging & setup right on the ramp at waters' edge! :mad:

They obviously have no experience and no training, so it is not the kids' fault... there has to be some full time person in the county parks dept that has a basic clue about ramp process & etiquette. I wish they would take 10 mins to fill each noob in.

Also, since there always seems to be more than one county employee in the area, it sure would be nice if they'd step up to the occasional idiot that thinks it is OK to practice tricks on his ski in the harbor area throwing wakes at all the boaters launching, retrieving or staged... (see photo below, even with icy satellite shot, you will see why this is so irritating.) I think I am turning into my father! My patience for such BS is far lower than it was 20 years ago.

nag launch area cropped.JPG

Should have one of those for running your jetski and wake boat 10' aft of my houseboat (in between my stern and all my floatable tubes that I have anchored out there too). Would need a long shovel, but I'm pretty sure that floating tow line that I left out there for the next time they do it will work too.

Back