• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just curious, thoughts on cutting the line at the ramp?

josh195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We started doing the same thing where I would line it up and then have her back it in. But the parking around here is real tight and she gets nervous about hitting someone else's trailer and such.
Mine too...she always parks a mile away with no else around if possible. I'm working on that also but I'm not going to push it too much.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@FSH 210 Sport I wan't to try it out as well, just haven't had the opportunity really, it makes me nervous. Let me know how it goes :)
Yeah makes me nervous too! That’s why I’ll have my friend on board the first time I try it out… As I said, I just want to have that option in my tool box.

@Murf'n'surf what they don’t show in that commercial is the guy turning on the motor, and pairing the remote with the ulterra … while the water is pleasant this time of year, I do not intend on having to swim to my boat before it drifts into other peoples boats LOL!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Always loved that commercial! Don't forget to switch on the batteries before launch or you'll be swimming!!
I saw a guy with a pontoon boat using a system like that at the boat ramp with his two small kids in the boat. Thought it was sketchy at the time but now think it would be awesome to have. Too bad it can’t work with the Yamaha engines already installed.

it would take me a while to accept the risk that the tech may fail. similar to remotely piloting an expensive drone once I accepted the Fact that I could lose or damage it anytime its in use, I got a lot more comfortable using it.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Where im at i have at least 5 free ramp with 5 miles (with limited parking space), every time I woke up late like 7am or later, I would go to Sebastian Inlet boat launch, its $4 fee and its always near empty, everyone goes to the free ramp. Good to always have options to go boating and not go to the craziness at a busy ramp with limited parking space

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
We went scalloping for the first time last weekend up in Homosassa. What a shit show that is, 2 ramps, very little room to back in, and a line of cars for 1 mile+ to use the ramp. Didn't see anything too crazy, but to be fair in line you can't see anything. The pressure is on not to be dick, as there are tons of people just posted next to ramp watching you (a few people filming) At the end of the night, saw some guys back down and get pretty upset/embarrassed because their boat/crew was nowhere to be found. Typical routine for us, had my friend back the truck down, I drove it on, he winched up. In and out in 90 seconds or less. We got a few compliments from the on-lookers lol.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
can't believe some of the big NICE ramps you guys have. Very, very few options on this side of the river, yet for some reason none of them are ever busy - not sure where all the boats come from on the water - LOL. In three years, this lot has only ever been full once, but theres a big field about a quarter mile up the road that I leave it in. Longest I ever waited was for 2 boats to launch, and that was the day they reopened it in 2020 during the lockdown.

1626991215035.png