• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boating @ Hilton Head

Nick Hughes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We have a multi family trip this summer and are all renting houses in Sea Pines, south beach. Is it worth trailering the boat down there? Its 700 miles each way. Wasnt sure if there was anything cool to do or at least worth doing.

I have been wondering the same. Looking forward to the responses!

Depends on what your version of cool things to do are. The run to Savannah is nice there is a cool light house down there that is only accessible by boat that you can anchor off of and go to shore at low tide and the river front is a cool spot to go visit. Hilton Head it self is a marshy coastal area the water will be dark and murky there are plenty of places to explore in those tidal creeks and marshes. Overall would you enjoy having the boat there yes but is it worth the trip from Ohio to tow it down probably not as I'm sure your main attraction for going there is the beach and its likely you will spend a good portion of your time on the beach unlike a lake trip where you will likely spend most of your time on the boat. Its kind of like Myrtle Beach where I live. I wouldn't really tell someone from more then maybe 5 hours a way to bring there boat for a trip here either the water just isn't nice enough to justify spending time on the boat versus the beach. Even though I never go to the beach lol I always go to a private coastal island on the boat versus the regular beach. Which there are plenty of in Hilton Head but still not sure it would justify the tow. Last time I stayed at Sea Pines I called and was told I could not have a trailer on property so if you do decide to you will have to launch the boat dock it at the Marina there and store the trailer else where.

Thanks for the info, i think i'll save my gas and hassle and leave the boat at home.

Next year you can change the trip to a couple of houses on Norris and bring the boat. Win win.

Been to norris many times, on the list for next year. About the best lake out there for water sports.

Back