• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Charleston-Hilton Head 2022 version

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nothing is finalized yet for my family.

I will let you know once it is if anyone wants to follow along.

We are looking at leaving Friday morning from Charleston and spending memorial day weekend in Hilton Head. We will leave Hilton Head Monday morning around 8am and head back to Charleston.

This trip has 2 larger bodies of water to cross during the intercoastal trip. From our experiences crossing them earlier in the day has been much better.

It's just shy of 90miles one way and can stop in city of Beaufort to fill up. Most boats csn make the trip without filling up but always good to top off. Last trip on way to Hilton head we left Charleston late and needed that gas as we were crossing port royal sound winds and tide were against each other and we had cross waves of about 3ft to navigate and it ate much more gas.

Having said that it's a great family trip 90% is all intercoastal rivers cruising around 28-30mph and my kids love it.

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nothing is finalized yet for my family.

I will let you know once it is if anyone wants to follow along.

We are looking at leaving Friday morning from Charleston and spending memorial day weekend in Hilton Head. We will leave Hilton Head Monday morning around 8am and head back to Charleston.

This trip has 2 larger bodies of water to cross during the intercoastal trip. From our experiences crossing them earlier in the day has been much better.

It's just shy of 90miles one way and can stop in city of Beaufort to fill up. Most boats csn make the trip without filling up but always good to top off. Last trip on way to Hilton head we left Charleston late and needed that gas as we were crossing port royal sound winds and tide were against each other and we had cross waves of about 3ft to navigate and it ate much more gas.

Having said that it's a great family trip 90% is all intercoastal rivers cruising around 28-30mph and my kids love it.
This looks like fun, and not that big of a drive coming from the Atlanta area.

Can you tell me where you launch from and store your Tow Vehicle & Trailer in the Charleston area, and where the end destination is on Hilton Head? What are the accommodation choices with dock access like? What's your favorite?

King

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@King WO Thomas boat ramp in Charleston SC. You can keep tow vehicle there for 3 days no charge. Never had an issue was just asked to park towards the back to make more room for day boaters.

We get a slip at shelter cove marina. They have a Mariott there or you can rent a place in palmetto dunes as they have a shuttle from all areas in palmetto dunes neighborhood to the marina, local Kroger.

We usually rent bikes when we are there and just ride those around the island. If we wanna go anywhere or to and from the marina during stay.

Shelter cove is very nice floating docks

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@King WO Thomas boat ramp in Charleston SC. You can keep tow vehicle there for 3 days no charge. Never had an issue was just asked to park towards the back to make more room for day boaters.

We get a slip at shelter cove marina. They have a Mariott there or you can rent a place in palmetto dunes as they have a shuttle from all areas in palmetto dunes neighborhood to the marina, local Kroger.

We usually rent bikes when we are there and just ride those around the island. If we wanna go anywhere or to and from the marina during stay.

Shelter cove is very nice floating docks
That sounds amazing.

Our Yamaha is still on order with an ETA of March-ish. All pulls off as expected, we would be interested in joining up for sure.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hmmmm.... already have a lake house booked on Lake Norman that weekend. But I want to do this run! Did Cooper River last year and loved it. I’m thinking now

AshleyPro83

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Sounds fantastic, will ask the hubs if its doable for us since we live in NC not too far! Planning a Bimini trip too so might be tough getting all this time off work. Work really messes with my fun time!

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
As I didn’t take my boat this past March, we did stay in shelter cove at one of the condos at the marina. Definitely would be a cool place to boat around. Amenities are nice and bars/restaurants all along the “boardwalk” were great.
IMG_2576.jpegIMG_2577.jpegIMG_2585.jpegIMG_2588.jpegIMG_2589.jpegIMG_2595.jpegIMG_2596.jpegIMG_2612.jpeg