• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bottom Supercharger Bolt Stuck Bad - Removal Help!

gremlintech

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Recently our 2008 SeaDoo Challenger needed the carbon ring replaced as a result of hours (181 now). The shaft was removed and cleaned up, but the oil bearing behind the carbon seal needed replacement.

Problem is, the lower bolt to remove the supercharger is incredibly corroded and difficult to access for me to remove. Also, given that its a star bit, i'm not incredibly stoked about attempting to remove it with an impact driver.

I live in saint petersburg florida, and am looking for a qualified mechanic to remove the supercharger botl from the boat so that I can have it rebuilt (its due anyways) and replace the shaft. If anyone has tips or tricks for me to remove this bolt without removing the engine if possible, it would be much appreciated as well!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No mechanic here but one thing that helps immensely is heat. Harbor freight sells a cheap heat gun. Set it on high for 2 minutes on that bolt and try again. Immediately, while it's still hot. It just might work.

gremlintech

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Should I be concerned about fumes in the compartment, or just let the blower run for 20 minutes before torching it?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Let the compartment air out with the compartment OPEN for a few minutes. fumes smell strongly. If you are concerned point a box fan at it for a few minutes. What I do for my own safety, but may not be enough for all..is to open the compartment look and smell around. Fuel fumes smell strongly, and in a fuel injected motor are only present if there is a leak somewhere.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Maybe a soldering iron if your worried about the heat gun. If it does strip out I have had great success drilling a small hole and hamering in an old Allen key with snapped bolt heads between metric and American you can keep going up in size if the smaller size spins in the hole . Im not sure if you could access that area with a drill easily but best of luck