• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bow grab handles

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This isn't a new idea and many have done it, but placement is much more obvious on the 24ft boats. Here's mine I just installed on my 2013 212x. Makes the front ladder useful, and is a nice hand hold for anyone in the most forward seat.
20180624_114456.jpg 20180624_114448.jpg

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice.

Just yesterday I tried to climb up the bow ladder but for lack of handles was not able. Your post gives me ideas to do the same to our boat.

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That's the reason I did it. Had someone that literally couldn't get from the ladder to the boat. Easy install. I bought the small factory grab handles from yamaha sports plaza.

WetWillie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Were you able to access the backs through anchor locker? Did the kit come with good solid SS washers and hardware to help with dispersing the pull weight on the handle???

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Any links to the part numbers used? My guess is these are fairly generic parts that can be ordered by dimension from West Marine. But what you chose do look very nice for sure.

Nice work!

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yes, pretty easy access to those areas through the anchor locker. I used a ratchet with an extension and didn't have any trouble. The handles don't come as a kit, but I ordered the fender washers, spring washers, and lock nuts from Yamaha as well. The handle is the same one found inside the boat. The factory hardware is quality SS and I'm happy with it. You could pick up your own nuts and washers obviously, but it was easier for me to just order it all together. I ordered numbers 29, 30, 31, and 32 from this page: https://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/oemparts/a/yam/50855b1df870022328232651/hull-deck-fittings