• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bow Roller Scratching Boat

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used the stock one but used a 1” paddle bit to drill out the bell ends a quarter inch. If not I would buy a bolt one inch longer.

Daron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for that info haknslash. With that said I think I will try that first at home, just loosen the tension on the strap and if it does rise enough to clear the whole assembly then I'll knock out the swap in the driveway, where I would prefer to do it anyway. Like you and others have said, there seems to be unknown variables that pop up and then you're screwed at the dock. I'll let ya know. Thanks again.
Thanks @haknslash. So I was able to swap it out because it raised up just like you said. Here are my pics. Here is my question now though. Is it more important to have the gap closed or the the roller being able to free spin? As you can see in the pic there is a gap in between the center roller? Any tighter and the outer bells do not move at all. The gap doesn’t concern me, since the nut is a nylon locking nut, and my theory is that free spinning is a good thing. So I left it as you see. I also did not use the factory recessed washer since the new Stoltz came with washers. Also I must have lucked out and they have started to wise up because they sent me a bolt with my new Stoltz and it fit perfect. All in all I’m glad I did this, that Stoltz is definitely softer and putting less pressure on the fiberglass gelcoat.

Attachments

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Did you go with the RP-355 3.5” roller? The larger boats typically use a Ultimate 4” and either pry the metal braces or shave a little off each side of the roller to make it fit. I shaved mine down to 3.6” wide to match factory width.

The bells on the sides are ok to spin. They are just there to help center and catch your boat. The roller should have the bow eye resting against it when you retrieve and tighten the strap.

My roller came with bolts, nyloc nut and washers. I’m not sure why some people on here did not receive bolts. Should come with new hardware.

Daron

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just an FYI for anyone interested. This is how the Stoltz RP-446 Center Roller (4") and the RP-435 Bells line-up with the 2019 242 hull. I called them and emailed pictures of the fit and they sent me this to try, and a label to send the others back. It's not a perfect fit but far better than the one labeled "for Yamaha Shoreland'r Trailers". Unlike the first set they sent me, the very pointed outer edges of the bells don't put such a pressure point on the hull. Also, I didn't have to pry the mount bars apart like many others claimed to have to do to fit the 4" center roller in, it slid in perfectly with about a 1/16" to spare. The service was great, a guy name Tim helped me and was super nice and helpful. (Trailer Parts, Axles, Tires & Accesories | Sturdy Built)

IMG_1279.jpeg

IMG_1280.jpeg