• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Brake upgrade 2016 Ram - suggestions?

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Alright..... Update time. I just hooked up and towed one of my work trailers that weighs over 10K lbs around 30 miles or so. Not a long way, but the difference in that short distance is worth noting.

That being said, this is my opinion based on my real world experience. (Side note - Opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one and they all stink.)

After towing a short distance, it does seem to me that I'm stopping in a shorter distance with less effort. I haven't actually timed a stop or measured stopping distance, I'm strictly basing this off of experience. (Side note #2, I pull this trailer an average of 400 miles a week, so I'm pretty well tuned in to how my trailer feels with different loads, up and down hills, highway speeds, downshifting, exhaust brake, etc.)

Side note #3 - I also installed King Racing shocks with reservoirs with my brake upgrade, so those are definitely also contributing to the better feel. I might do a right up on them after putting a few miles on them, I haven't decided yet.