• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Brand new 252SD and windshield

Micanne

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
After upgrading from my 2008 AR230 which gave us 16 years of hassle free enjoyment we took delivery of our brand new 2024, 252 SD on July 4th. Did the 10 hr oil change last week. Went out this morning with my adult son for some lake time.
Remove the cover and was greeted by this.
Boat is under cover and has a boat cover as well. So no chance of storm or hail damage.
I'm wondering if this is a defect.
Contacted my dealer and they said they haven't heard of anything.
I'm in the Raleigh area.

Attachments

• IMG_7476.jpeg
    IMG_7476.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7477.jpeg
    IMG_7477.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7478.jpeg
    IMG_7478.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 24
I have read a couple of posts of the newer Yamaha windshields shattering on their own, search the forum. I believe some owners had theirs covered but I think the timeline you will encounter getting a windshield delivered from Yamaha will be upsetting.

Such a bummer, but waiting for Yamaha will take a while. If you are handy I would suggest cleaning it up and devising a strategy that gets you on the water independent of Yamaha.

Loosing use of the boat for a few months to get them to repair seems counter productive to me. I would clean up and use some plastic and aluminum pieces from ACE Hardware to prep the boat to go our right away, while you source the glass and replacement, most likely from a boat junkyard or distributor locally. I recall someone else indicating the glass across models is sometimes so close it could be used in a pinch... Don;t take my word for it, but certainly measure and see what glass might be a match also.

It's totally up to you of course, but I am saddened by the posts here of folks wasting months and months waiting for the dealer to fix something only for it to take ages and ages when at bestyour boat is returned repaired but filthy a long time from now, and at worse you end up with a bill for shoddy work. Maybe folks don't post much about their awesome dealer experience and the posts are jaded, but that's my take.

Best of Luck!

What dealership? Lots of folks in and around the Raleigh area on here who might be able to help out.

Back