• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Brand New FSH 210

Dshriber

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hi All,

I just purchased an FSH 210 sport. Added full boat seadek (bought from jet boat pilot), Mon Kota Terova and Simrad 9" GO XSE. Getting ceramic coating applied to the boat as well.

I have a couple questions and some feedback -

Questions -

1. What is the best Anchor size? I will be on rivers in Pittsburgh and Sarasota in the winter. The one I received for a 21" boat seems way too light.
2. Are the Break in engine steps needed in one outing or can i keep track as i use the boat?
3. Any suggestions on installing a yeti 45 in place of the igloo?
4. What is the best Fire extinguisher location. I have three batteries and a charger. Don't think it will fit in that compartment.
5. any must have accessories?
6. Any overall tips for a new owner and new boater?

Feedback -

1. boat came with a ripped cover and stained Bimini. The dealer was extremely helpful in swapping
2. The boat is NOT 125" on the trailer. My garage is about 128" and the boat did not fit! extremely disappointing. Huge pain removing the tower.

Doug

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Congrats!!! Oh, and I'd be remiss to not ask for pics......

Answers from my experience-
1. I use a Fortress FX7 aluminum, has never failed me yet.
2. Break in can be done in multiple outings, just make sure to abide the rules until 2 hours or whatever it was.
3. I hear a Yeti 45 requires leaning post spacers as height is an issue. I bought this and it fits perfectly (way cheaper too):
Amazon.com : Giantex 40 Quart Heavy Duty Cooler Ice Chest Outdoor Insulated Cooler Fishing Hunting Sports White : Garden & Outdoor
4. Mine is in battery compartment, I've seen others in the forward storage pods by the bow seating. My reasoning was in case of fire I'd turn batteries
off immediately anyways so I'd be in there already.
5. Accessories will vary. See my linked thread below for some of the things I've done. If you're going to be in Sarasota on the Gulf I'd say trim tabs first
thing.
6. Practice practice practice. Docking, maneuvering, trailer backing, having your significant other practice these too. Now I drive the boat, she backs in
the trailer.

I measured mine at 10'6" on the trailer.

Frank Marshall

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I went with a small Box Anchor, Sizing. Works well in the river where I fish.
The break in can be in steps.
Still have the igloo ice chest. Looking at Giantex
I put one fire extinguisher on the garbage cabinet door inside and I plan to put a second Carbon Dioxide fire extinguisher under the seat for an engine fire. You'll see an inlet for the engine compartment there.
Need lots of toys.
The biggest tip I have to keep from dinging the boat is to remember you move the rear in opposite direction of your turn, which pushes the rear into the dock as you pull away. And when docking, place the rear corner of the boat to the dock first, step off and with a front and back rope pull the rear into the dock and then the front side. That way it pivots in where you have fender protection.

They also make folding T-tops.

Dshriber

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hi All,

I just purchased an FSH 210 sport. Added full boat seadek (bought from jet boat pilot), Mon Kota Terova and Simrad 9" GO XSE. Getting ceramic coating applied to the boat as well.

Questions -

1. What is the best Anchor size? I will be on rivers in Pittsburgh and Sarasota in the winter. The one I received for a 21" boat seems way too light.
2. Are the Break in engine steps needed in one outing or can i keep track as i use the boat?
4. What is the best Fire extinguisher location. I have three batteries and a charger. Don't think it will fit in that compartment.

Feedback -

1. boat came with a ripped cover and stained Bimini. The dealer was extremely helpful in swapping
2. The boat is NOT 125" on the trailer. My garage is about 128" and the boat did not fit! extremely disappointing. Huge pain removing the tower.

Doug
Thank you!

Dshriber

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I went with a small Box Anchor, Sizing. Works well in the river where I fish.
The break in can be in steps.
Still have the igloo ice chest. Looking at Giantex
I put one fire extinguisher on the garbage cabinet door inside and I plan to put a second Carbon Dioxide fire extinguisher under the seat for an engine fire. You'll see an inlet for the engine compartment there.
Need lots of toys.
The biggest tip I have to keep from dinging the boat is to remember you move the rear in opposite direction of your turn, which pushes the rear into the dock as you pull away. And when docking, place the rear corner of the boat to the dock first, step off and with a front and back rope pull the rear into the dock and then the front side. That way it pivots in where you have fender protection.

They also make folding T-tops.
thank you!

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congrats!!! Oh, and I'd be remiss to not ask for pics......

Answers from my experience-
1. I use a Fortress FX7 aluminum, has never failed me yet.
2. Break in can be done in multiple outings, just make sure to abide the rules until 2 hours or whatever it was.
3. I hear a Yeti 45 requires leaning post spacers as height is an issue. I bought this and it fits perfectly (way cheaper too):
Amazon.com : Giantex 40 Quart Heavy Duty Cooler Ice Chest Outdoor Insulated Cooler Fishing Hunting Sports White : Garden & Outdoor
4. Mine is in battery compartment, I've seen others in the forward storage pods by the bow seating. My reasoning was in case of fire I'd turn batteries
off immediately anyways so I'd be in there already.
5. Accessories will vary. See my linked thread below for some of the things I've done. If you're going to be in Sarasota on the Gulf I'd say trim tabs first
thing.
6. Practice practice practice. Docking, maneuvering, trailer backing, having your significant other practice these too. Now I drive the boat, she backs in
the trailer.

I measured mine at 10'6" on the trailer.
I have that same cooler and have no issues with it. I did remove the spacers to allow the cooler to sit flat on the deck below the seat. See the old and new cooler. Probably gonna donate the OEM worthless cooler....
20190626_094050.jpg

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yeah that OEM Igloo is in my basement, hard to say what I’ll do with it lol.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat! That cooler works great I have it also, it does not walk like a yeti if you leave it on the boat also. I use a Fortress FX7 it weighs almost nothing fits in the front compartment I think I may have trimmed a half inch off the ears but it works well I did add a 6 foot stainless steel chain to it. The stainless steel chain with two stainless shackles and I bought 300 feet of half inch rope all off of Amazon and it fits in the anchor compartment. They have a 10’ 5/16” chain now that would be better. I do keep my fire extinguisher in the battery compartment I also keep one in the front compartment. I have a GO-9 in the dash I mounted another on top rather than use the split screen it was to small. Trim tabs are great for rough water but not needed it is a great boat without anything done to it.1ED34D0B-BFC0-4C95-9379-ED0CAABB03A3.png

Dshriber

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

pmustico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Hi All,

Questions -

Feedback -

Doug
Welcome! I love the 210 FSH! I love in Richmond VA and boat all over in lakes, rivers and the Chesapeake Bay. I have an 80lb trolling motor with 2 batteries in the console compartment. I got the front platform with cushions that is awesome for fishing, then cruising. The hardtop is nice with the lights and a bit more shade plus allows for a clip on sun shade for the bow.

Many people add a fresh water washdown.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have the rinse kit it works great.
I left the other one in the picture because it was only 30 bucks and would probably work fine also.D6AB922F-B451-4593-972C-D64422245CA0.png

knvandetti

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Hey All,

I just bought a 2020 210 FSH hardtop from Cycle Springs and took possession April 17th. I love it. I had a YETI 45 cooler already and was really wanting to use it, but everything I’ve read said it wouldn’t fit. I measured several times and came to the conclusion it would be tight but if I moved the cooler stoppers I could make it work. Took on that mini project yesterday evening and it fits perfectly. I just wanted to throw that out there, as I did not need any mods to the seat, other than removal of those stops.

Attachments

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

Floridaman79

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Hey All,

I just bought a 2020 210 FSH hardtop from Cycle Springs and took possession April 17th. I love it. I had a YETI 45 cooler already and was really wanting to use it, but everything I’ve read said it wouldn’t fit. I measured several times and came to the conclusion it would be tight but if I moved the cooler stoppers I could make it work. Took on that mini project yesterday evening and it fits perfectly. I just wanted to throw that out there, as I did not need any mods to the seat, other than removal of those stops.
I did the same thing and bought a 210 fsh deluxe from cycle springs with the hard top. Keep us posted with any mods! I'll be tackling a trolling motor next.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

I loop one of the small bungies with a ball on it around the flag pole then hook it under the rod holder for loss insurance

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
So, I like the sleeker look of that but wouldn't care for the extra bungee. I made one out of a stainless threaded rod and 1" PVC and caps. The 1" cap fits VERY snugly in the rod holder, and is readily available anywhere.

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat! That cooler works great I have it also, it does not walk like a yeti if you leave it on the boat also. I use a Fortress FX7 it weighs almost nothing fits in the front compartment I think I may have trimmed a half inch off the ears but it works well I did add a 6 foot stainless steel chain to it. The stainless steel chain with two stainless shackles and I bought 300 feet of half inch rope all off of Amazon and it fits in the anchor compartment. They have a 10’ 5/16” chain now that would be better. I do keep my fire extinguisher in the battery compartment I also keep one in the front compartment. I have a GO-9 in the dash I mounted another on top rather than use the split screen it was to small. Trim tabs are great for rough water but not needed it is a great boat without anything done to it.View attachment 116132
I just got the same cooler!

Dantino

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Howdy! Nice ride...been looking for an electronics box to mount to my T-top. I have same tower color as you and was looking for a black box. One option carries a $400+ price which seems steep for a box. Which brand did you go with and how simple was the install? Thanks for any info.