• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bringing boat to Fl by water. Not jet boat.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man, this looks like an epic trip, amazing weather!
I tell you I feel like I can hear those diesels humming, lol. thanks for sharing, hope the weather holds for you guys!

--

Last edited:

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
As I am sure you already know, the Savannah area (and possibly others) is under a Small Craft Advisory (winds 15-20 kts. and 4- 9 foot seas) through Tuesday night according to the National Weather Service.

We will be on the water on Saturday (well inside the sound and probably on the ICW).

If you plan to stop in the Savannah area and need advice, PM me.

motomandan

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Enjoy and be safe. My daughter was born in Southhampton. We used to be partners in a marina in Montauk.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Nice pics and looks like a great trip.

And for perspective, she looks to be burning about 23 gallons per hour - per side. So basically a Yammie tank every hour!

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for sharing the adventure!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm loving this thread

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Please keep posting.
Why is the battery voltage low? I was expecting it to be around 14 volts.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Please keep posting.
Why is the battery voltage low? I was expecting it to be around 14 volts.
Been that from the start. I asked Bob he shrugged his shoulder, it reads the same on both sides, have battery chargers on board and the Genarator. It does start rite up. There are block heaters for the motors also.
i was worried the first day most stuff is electronic but now I don’t worry about it.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Day 3, Virginia Beach to Morehead city NC. left at 7 fog, heavy fog. Used chart plotter and radar went slowly out about 11 mph and went a few miles offshore. Fog was less there. Went about 20 till about 9 when it was clear enough to see well had brief rain. Then nice running swells but no real chop. We went in Oregon inlet holy crap!!! Look it up on you tube. Was in 7‘ of water and tapped bottom in the trough! Got hit on port by a wave also as one was hitting from the bow. Messed up crap! Got congratulations for getting through that from both Bob and Bill, it also was topic of conversation most of the rest of the day. Sorry no pics of that but shit hit fan quick. Bay was flat once inside and did 26 knots. Adams creek was cool to drive through and very nice. Once in the marina “Morehead City Yacht Basin” met with the old owners of Jackson’s marina in Hampton Bays and had dinner.E4815369-E715-4ED7-921B-F7CB16DCAF3D.jpeg5BCEE7A5-DB05-4526-93BD-AC7949E4D6B3.png

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
nice trip. the ac marina is my neck of the woods. every weekend i usually run out the mullica river, across great bay and over to the absecon inlet right there where your pics are. we dock at the marina and hit the golden nugget now and again or eat lunch right across from there. i took delivery of my 275 in wildwood a few weeks ago and ran it north all the way home. was a nice trip. about 5 hrs or so. one of these day when the kids are gone and we have a boat i can sleep or live on then i would like to make the trip all the way down south to florida. my buddy is a boat captain and makes that run usually twice a year.

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Liveto99 When you arrive back home, safely, I would like to know how you planned for Oregon Inlet.