• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bringing boat to Fl by water. Not jet boat.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Last pic was not the boat but I thought pic was cool. Docked next to them.
It'll be rough out there down here. Winds been blowing hard for 2-3 weeks. Not much fun for us little guys. :rolleyes:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man, that's an epic trip!
Are you staying on the ICW? how is it going, are there a lot of no wake areas to pass? Although it probably feels all the same with two large diesels.
Great pics, thanks for sharing. Although, looking at it, I'm kind of reminded why I don't want any isinglass in my boat, lol.

Are you trying to hook some big stripers over there on jersey shore now?

--

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That marina in AC is pretty nice - I've stayed there a couple times, enjoy the trip!

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Man, that's an epic trip!

Great pics, thanks for sharing. Although, looking at it, I'm kind of reminded why I don't want any isinglass in my boat, lol.

--
Funny, the aft deck of that Parker screams for isinglass curtains. But then you will need a bimini/frame to hang them from. :winkingthumbsup" You know most of us like spending others'🛥 💰...

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
--
Just to be completely clear, I actually meant fishing, not badabing, Fall is the time for big striped bass off northern New Jersey!

--

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
EXCITING !

Have you done this before ?
how many people on board ?
Do you run 24/7 or do you anchor or dock for the night ?
Are there many other boats that do this ? is there a yearly migration ?

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last pic was not the boat but I thought pic was cool. Docked next to them.
Love the journey. Update frequently. Watching the winds,

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@Liveto99, Not sure where you are or when you'll be here close to FL but Tropical Depression ETA has formed and we're now in the cone (of uncertainty). Seems to keep changing but something to be aware of. Stay safe...

1604635949973.png

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm doubtful @Liveto99 is heading to Cuba.
:cool:

--

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Got into Virginia Beach about 3, did Maint and fuel, had dinner and fell asleep. Up at 1:30 Am “Great?“ lol.
fuel 350 gal. But it was $2.40 A gal so that was nice. I would love to go to Cuba should have gone when we could, I will go at some point, but not this trip. I am hoping that the Tropical depression goes into the Gulf, I mean I’m really hoping especially since the last one increased in strength by almost 90 miles an hour in 24 hours.
3 people on board, My friend Bill, 45. Myself ”Jim” 47 and Bill’s dad Bob who is 79.
I have not done this this trip before, but have gone from Virginia to N.Y. And plenty of 100 mile trips, I have boated my whole life.
We are with a 79 year old, the “trip“ he always wanted to do. He is also paying for fuel. We start late, we finish early, we do not go at night. Yes we dock at night.
Our boat has twin Cat C12 Diesal’s 700 hp each.
The Ocean was great yesterday no waves and swells about a ft. we passed Norfolk Va. and stayed in Rudee inlet at the Virginia Fishing station. We filled up and had a great dinner at Big Sams Raw Bar. Note* if noise bothers you don’t stay here, Navy air base is very close, the jets are loud.