• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Broke a screw in fiberglass. How do i remove?

And build a new one? I could use the motors I guess...
Think you can handle removing the engine mount bolts without snapping them off? :D:D:eek::D:D

Just having fun, but if you have a dremel, use a tapered grinding bit, take it down below the surface and patch it. The screw is stronger than a void. :cool:

Oh. And run the cutter backwards if possible. At least till you get far enough into the glass. This helps to not chip the gel. Tape over it helps also.

Can you try to cut a slot in the screw and use a slotted screwdriver to back it out? Sounds like it didn't make it deep.

If you can drill a small hole into the broken shaft and have some Allen keys find one that fits in hammer it in then twist if it spins with out grabbing keep going the next size larger. This works every time I have tried between metric and and American sizes one always fits nice and snug

Wow lots of different ways to skin this cat. Read some new ones myself. Even though I don't have a different method to offer I do have a tool suggestion for any of the methods that require drilling a hole in or drilling out that small screw. Center drill bits will give you a nice pilot hole without wobbling or breaking off given how small of a diameter bit that you need these may be the only thing that would for those methods and are typically used in machining ... http://www.harborfreight.com/center-drill-countersink-set-5-pc-60381.html

I used them to start holes in 1/4 aluminum bar that I had to tap threads in when I made my own draw handles for a desk that I built to match the inlay that I did. Nothing else worked.

Triedusing the dremel to make a nice spot to get the drill bit in. Just didn't want to stay put. Went with the grinding down and putting snap right next to it.
20160712_190352.jpg
Looks fugly but the end result is just fine.
20160712_190432.jpg
Got most of the other screws in. Now i am just figuring out how to make straps work on the back instead of snaps. I have two old sets of mooring poles and straps but the one side just has the loops and no snap in clips so no adjustments in length.
May need to see what i can find for longer screws to go into the windshield clips as well. It came with the wrong size clips to begin with, so i found a supplier online but the holding power is far less than the snaps holding power. I found some stainless #4 x 1/2" at the local store that worked to get into the rubber strip but i think i need 3/4 to get into the metal behind it.

Triedusing the dremel to make a nice spot to get the drill bit in. Just didn't want to stay put. Went with the grinding down and putting snap right next to it.
View attachment 41541
Looks fugly but the end result is just fine.
View attachment 41542
Got most of the other screws in. Now i am just figuring out how to make straps work on the back instead of snaps. I have two old sets of mooring poles and straps but the one side just has the loops and no snap in clips so no adjustments in length.
May need to see what i can find for longer screws to go into the windshield clips as well. It came with the wrong size clips to begin with, so i found a supplier online but the holding power is far less than the snaps holding power. I found some stainless #4 x 1/2" at the local store that worked to get into the rubber strip but i think i need 3/4 to get into the metal behind it.
Looks good! I need to drill some new holes for my replacement snap cover the new and old covers are misaligned... Annoyingly. What size drill bit is recommended for the #6? Snaps

Looks good! I need to drill some new holes for my replacement snap cover the new and old covers are misaligned... Annoyingly. What size drill bit is recommended for the #6? Snaps
I ended up using a 9/64" bit. If you need to force it in it's too small!

20160712_204549.jpg
Tested the fitment of my bimini and it fits but hits the speakers before it comes down. I hope to modify to hang from tower and bring it up a bit. We aren't short people. My wife's brother is 6'10". A slightly longer bimini may be part of that as well.
I think it's coming together though finally!

I ended up using a 9/64" bit. If you need to force it in it's too small!

View attachment 41545
Tested the fitment of my bimini and it fits but hits the speakers before it comes down. I hope to modify to hang from tower and bring it up a bit. We aren't short people. My wife's brother is 6'10". A slightly longer bimini may be part of that as well.
I think it's coming together though finally!
The stock AR210 Bimini on our 2007 looks to be the same dimensions as yours. However the front legs are able to collapse so that it will clear the tower then re-lock into place back to the stock height. I wonder if you could modify yours.

I know i have posted it elsewhere but the bimini from the tower manufacturer stays in place and doesn't fold. Not my idea of nice.
I may end up designing my own but making it collapsable and in line with the tower itself. That is another project for another day.

Left hand drill, threads are in reverse, if the drill doesn't take it out put an extractor in that would take it out

Back