• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Broke clean out plug update

Yikes. Aren’t those the newer twist lock style? Was it just laying in loose and broke or would it not twist out?

Yikes. Aren’t those the newer twist lock style? Was it just laying in loose and broke or would it not twist out?
It is the twist lock. It didn’t take hardly any force to loosen it. It had to have been broken already.

That sucks...hopefully the dealer can get a quick replacement. Or yank one out of another boat and replace that one.

And I thought we were finally over the issues with the clean out plugs with the latest 3rd design, I still carry EZ locks for the second design with the push button releases on them.

Where is the rest of it? Can you at least put it back in place so you can use the boat? You are the first to report this that I have noticed so if it's any consolation it does not appear to be a common problem.

Best of luck, please keep us informed.

Where is the rest of it? Can you at least put it back in place so you can use the boat? You are the first to report this that I have noticed so if it's any consolation it does not appear to be a common problem.

Best of luck, please keep us informed.
The rest is down inside there. I honestly didn’t even try to get it out. The boat has two hours on it so it’s going to have to go back to the dealer to fix. The part that does come out twist right back in and locks.

Well talked to my dealer today and they don’t think it will be covered. So my first experience with Yamaha service on a boat with two hours has me scared. Does Yamaha support really suck as bad as I am afraid they do?

Attachments

• 132BF528-7A8E-4588-BF27-516AE814EDFA.jpeg
    132BF528-7A8E-4588-BF27-516AE814EDFA.jpeg
    924.9 KB · Views: 58
Well talked to my dealer today and they don’t think it will be covered. So my first experience with Yamaha service on a boat with two hours has me scared. Does Yamaha support really suck as bad as I am afraid they do?

STFU. It won't be covered??? Yeah, that is a call directly into Yamaha. I will be curious to see how this one pans out. Fight the good fight!!

Just call Yamaha and tell them you had a part that failed due to a manufacturing defect and the dealer refuses to repair/replace.

Just call Yamaha and tell them you had a part that failed due to a manufacturing defect and the dealer refuses to repair/replace.

"How do you know it was a manufacturing defect??"

"Ummmmm.... I've had the boat on the water for less than 2 hours????"

If you didn’t break it (or suck up something major) then the dealer broke it and should replace it whether Yamaha wants to cover it or not.

@Robbyw .... a new low in service response. I'd try at the dealer first, service manager, general manager, owner telling them all Yamaha Corporate was next. can't believe this wasn't dealt with immediately! Really pi$$ed to hear this happened to you! :cool:

After I sent an email they agreed to cover it.
Great news...that should have been a non-issue from the start! Unbelievable SMH

Now, Take a look at the other plug and inspect the sh!t out of it... I'm sorry you had this issue with 2hrs on your boat. That is definitely not Yamaha quality. I hate to say but I think the world and manufacturing has been turned upside down with this pandemic and there is some quality control issues in lots of segments of the manufacturing world. Shake that boat down and get as much as you can fixed or noted when you take it in for the 10hr (if they still have the 10hr inspection on the new boats) inspection.

Now Get out there and put some hours on that boat! cheers @Robbyw

I went to pull my clean out plug on my brand new 250 and this is what I got.

This happened to me over the weekend. What did you figure out??????

This happened to me over the weekend. What did you figure out??????
You can get a rebuild kit or the whole plug. I carry a whole plug as a spare then I can get a rebuild kit for one if it breaks.

Back