• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Broken factory Dutton-Lainson jack?

Mtschelling

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Have a 2016 SX192. Have had no issues with the jack to this point after about a year and a half. Although greased regularly; it has now become very difficult to crank. Hold the wheel in place and the handle won't budge without a good amount of force. At this point it took an extra set of hands to get it jacked down and supported (one holding the wheel one cranking).

Am I SOL? Anyone else had this experience? May attack getting the jack off the trailer and apart and see what the issue is.

EDIT: thinking it may have been over-cranked (hyper-extended) at some point.

My jack was doing the same thing. the grease zerk at the top only greases the little gears. the problem is down lower where the screw goes into the tube. I drilled a hole and tapped it to accept a another zerk.
I sprayed WD40 (Alot) and freed it up and then added about a half of tube of grease, that fixed it. Do a little measuring to figure out where the grease will be on the screw part of the jack. Good luck

Back