• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My 2024 pre-season prep (maintenance/upgrades/repairs) checklist

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So the weather has been sunny and hot on the weekdays / raining and cold on the weekends for the last three weeks. So much for boating or working on the boat but I am still getting what I can done. First unplanned task of today was installing a new hitch on my SUV. Pushing a trailer forward into a tight spot is a lot easier than doing it in reverse. View attachment 218007
View attachment 218012View attachment 218009View attachment 218010View attachment 218011
View attachment 218025
All that rain hopefully means full lakes and reservoirs in your AO! Nice job putting a front receiver on ! I was told once by a Minnesota native the front receiver is a MN invention!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Painted the plastic on the new trailer fenders.IMG_5260.jpegIMG_5259.jpeg
IMG_5245.jpeg

also got a pick if the surface I’m going to put an access port in.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I installed the new fender supports, two nuts bolts over three hours, with new jack stands and various other tools, in the sun on a bad day if you have alllergies, which I do. These free / warranty fenders are turning out to be everything but free but I’m glad to have had the experience and that the task is done.
IMG_5271.jpeg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Today I sprayed some rust stop on the leaf springs and painted the brake caliper and hubs on one side of the trailer. I also replaced the bearing buddies and grease (got to use my new tool to pack the bearings, it took a lot longer than doing it by hand but I feel it got everything). Finally I cleaned off all of the grease that slung onto the rims after I overfilled the old bearings and blew the seals. Not a great pic but there is not much to see. As usual it took a lot longer than expected but the second side should go a lot faster.
IMG_5294.jpeg

Last edited:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Today I sprayed some rust stop on the leaf springs and painted to the brake caliper and hubs on one side of the trailer. I also replaced the bearing buddies and grease (got to use my new tool to pack the bearings, it took a lot longer than doing it by hand but I feel it got everything). Finally i cleaned off all of the grease that slung onto the rims after I overfilled the old bearings and blew the seal. Not a great pic but there is not much to see. As usual it took a lot longer than expected but the second side should go a lot faster.
View attachment 218755
I might have missed it - did you get those rims from etrailer, or were those already with that trailer? I can't recall with the saga you've had with the boat, whether or not you bought the scrapped boat AND trailer, or if this is your old trailer.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@drewkaree , the rims, tires and guides are all aftermarket and came from my 2010 trailer. I switched out the parts before selling the 2010.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I Just finished painting the brakes and hub as well as replacing the bearing buddies and repacking the bearings on the starboard side of the boat trailer. I cleaned the rims and applied rust guard on the leaf springs as well.

Tomorrow I plan to remove the original glass and replace it, or most of it with the glass from a 2017 AR 240, I may have to have the two side parts (triangles) cut from plastic. Either way i w got to modify the frame, the first gen 240s have windows which are shorter and not as long.
IMG_5298.jpeg

Attachments