• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My 2024 pre-season prep (maintenance/upgrades/repairs) checklist

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I did something similar but ran into issues due to limited space. In the end with some backyard engineering I was able to make it work.
I’m concerned about space as well but should be able to bend the metal mounting straps to make the assembly fit.

I tried to test it this morning before it got too hot (forecast calls for an high of 99 today that feels like 105, by 9a it’s too hot to be doing work outside) and found I wired it wrong. Each horn needs its own positive and negative leads. If the horns are daisy chained like I did neither will work.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’m concerned about space as well but should be able to bend the metal mounting straps to make the assembly fit.

I tried to test it this morning before it got too hot (forecast calls for an high of 99 today that feels like 105, by 9a it’s too hot to be doing work outside) and found I wired it wrong. Each horn needs its own positive and negative leads. If the horns are daisy chained like I did neither will work.
That’s due to wiring them in series instead of parallel and the voltage drop.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I finally completed and quasi (driveway) tested the wireless rear view camera system. The real test will be on Sunday when I trailer the boat to a nearby lake.
IMG_5963.jpegIMG_5962.jpeg

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So the camera system worked perfectly on my first long distance boat trailering trip of the year but I do need to mount the camera so it doesn’t shake and move out of position so much.

The transmission range is a lot longer than I expected in that even after I launched the boat and parked the tow vehicle and trailer I could still clearly see image from the camera over 30 yards away. The camera never over heated and with the included harness I could leave the camera in place and use the display to see what’s going on with the people I’m towing behind the boat without looking over my shoulder (something I can do with the rear view mirror already but still it’s nice to have options).

Definitely cannot complain for under $100.
IMG_6013.jpeg

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I added two additional mounts for the camera. The rear one will be easier to use because of the way the power cable will be routed (first under the Bimini boot before passing under the side of the boat’s cover) but overall I am very happy with this system, so far.
IMG_6118.jpegIMG_6121.jpeg