• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Brookville Lake for the 4th of July

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Any other jetboaters going to be on Brookville lake the week/end of the 4th? We will be there from the 2nd to the 5th on the lake everyday except the 3rd. If you see an Orange Yamaha come over and say hi.

McTafur

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any other jetboaters going to be on Brookville lake the week/end of the 4th? We will be there from the 2nd to the 5th on the lake everyday except the 3rd. If you see an Orange Yamaha come over and say hi.
Brookville Indiana? We ate there most weekends but will be heading to Monroe for the fireworks on the 5th

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yes Sir Brookville, Indiana. I grew up in Connersville Indiana and Brookville was in my back yard as I was a kid. We were always on the lake as I was growing up and had many boats. I think my parents went through 5 house boats, 2 pontoons and a slew of bass boats. You can say boating runs in the family.

McTafur

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If the weather was a little bit better, we'd be on Brookville today.. So do you live in the area or just visiting family? Noticed MO as a location.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I we will just be visiting my parents so they can see the grandkids.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't want to sound like a Debbie Downer, but we went to Brookville one time last year on a Sunday. By 2pm it was so crowded I vowed we would never go back on a weekend. I can't imagine what 4th of July weekend would be like!

McTafur

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't want to sound like a Debbie Downer, but we went to Brookville one time last year on a Sunday. By 2pm it was so crowded I vowed we would never go back on a weekend. I can't imagine what 4th of July weekend would be like!
I don't disagree. It doesn't help that the lake is pretty narrow. We go bc it's the closest. It does have decent no wake areas tho.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I agree Brookville is a very busy lake.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Shocking Brookville wasn't busy at all on the 4th but there were plenty of CO's out. We watched one all day long pulling people over. He never even looked our way even when we were full ballast. Saturday on the other hand....Chop like crazy!! Very glad I had a bigger boat that could handle the conditions better.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Shocking Brookville wasn't busy at all on the 4th but there were plenty of CO's out. We watched one all day long pulling people over. He never even looked our way even when we were full ballast. Saturday on the other hand....Chop like crazy!! Very glad I had a bigger boat that could handle the conditions better.
Nice to hear! I think the Ohio River was in pretty decent shape so that may have helped keep the crowd down. The time that we went up there it was only because the Ohio River was so crappy that there was no way we could boat in it. Maybe a lot of the people up there that day had the same idea as us.

When we were there we saw a CO and he was basically going from one boat to the other checking things out. The 2 minutes that I saw him without a customer he was hiding behind the bridge waiting to grab someone coming through above no wake speed. He didn't have to wait long for someone to come barrelling through.

I read online that you are supposed to have a sticker to boat in the lake, but it didn't look like it was very easy to get a hold of one. You would think they would have a high school kid sitting at the boat ramp making sure every boat had a sticker on it before they went out. If they didn't have a sticker he could sell them one. Seems to me that it would generate a whole lot of money and cut down on the gas the CO uses to zoom back and forth ticketing people without the sticker.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
$22 was the launching permit for the whole year and every ramp that has a shack on the entrance sells them.