• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

BRP Flush Kit

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I traded in my Yamaha SX-192 for a 2017 Chaparral 223VRX. I am absolutely thrilled with this boat. Huge difference! But, one thing I do miss from the Yamaha is the quick disconnect fitting of the hose when flushing. I ordered a couple (used) from eBay and plan to install on the back of the stern (just above the swim platform). I also picked up a remote flush kit from the Chaparral dealer to make this as easy as possible. Just wondering if anyone has installed one (or two) on their boat. Did you run into any issues? Anything you have to watch out for?

Thanks everyone!

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I boat in fresh water, so really the only time of the year I use the flush ports is at end of season when I pump RV antifreeze through the exhaust. But... the key to using the flush ports is: don't run engine more than a minute (some will say 2 minutes, I actually go with 30 seconds). The water going into the port is not cooling the carbon seal, so you don't want to over heat that. Then, make sure you follow the steps of : engine turned on. water turned on. water turned off. engine turned off. basically don't run the water hose with the engines off.

congrats and welcome to the Vortex family!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thank you Bob!
Due to the boat being on a lift, the dealer provided me with two flush kits so I don't have to hang off the back trying to screw in a hose. The instructions say to tap into the out hose to feed the water in. Seems a little odd being it goes in the opposite direction. Just curious if anyone has used this kit and if this makes sense. Any tips are appreciated.

Thrilled to be a Chaparral Vortex family member.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Wanted to update everyone...All went fine with no major issues. I removed the back hatch and this gave room access to the hoses. Still tight but enough to work with. No more hanging off the the swim platform to do a proper flush. :happy:

Steve Risley

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Can you send a picture? Interested in seeing this set-up. Thanks!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hi Steve - Might be a little hard to figure out what's going on but hope this helps. Go Gators!

upload_2018-9-26_23-8-5.png

Attachments

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
After installing these remote flush connections, I noticed (while flushing) water exiting thru the original connection (the one next to the jet drive). Is this normal? Should I plug this?