• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Buyers Remorse

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
My best friend is a field engineer for Hyundai (parent company of Kia). The Telluride is basically a Hyundai Palisade with slightly different body lines. I rode in one of his fully decked out demos before they were released. For a vehicle the doesn't look huge on the outside, it feels like nothing but wide open space on the inside. It was impressive.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@F.M. I rode in one and since a fully loaded Expedition is in the 82k range it was a no brainer, the Telluride hands down for us. It is nice vehicle and I could save a good chunk of change and get 8 people in comfortably for road trips, it just doesn't have the towing capacity. The price point is nice.

agannole93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@F.M. I rode in one and since a fully loaded Expedition is in the 82k range it was a no brainer, the Telluride hands down for us. It is nice vehicle and I could save a good chunk of change and get 8 people in comfortably for road trips, it just doesn't have the towing capacity. The price point is nice.
Agreed, if it had the towing capacity I'd be all over it. I estimate I'm around 5000lbs fully loaded, and would like some wiggle room for comfort. Maybe if they up the capacity in a higher end model in a year or two.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Quite a few kia’s have had their engines seize up while cruising down the highway around here. I believe there’s been a few class action lawsuits.

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
I would agree with that. When I met my wife, she was driving one of the original Kia Korean Death Traps the Sportage. That thing was scary to drive in snow the anti locks and traction control were so bad. But now, our good friend just took delivery of a 2021 Kia Telluride, and I'm amazed at that vehicle in comparison.

So yes, a brand can do a full reverse. But it's hard to get over old traits.
I concur.....anyone remember the Hyundai Excel...took them 20 years for some redemption.