• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Buying a hot tub… what are realistic prices?

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m in the market for a hot tub. Nothing fancy, but want a 6-7 seat spa.
Currently looking at the HotSprings Rythm and want to know what a realistic price for one of these would be so I know what to negotiate towards.

Does anyone have recent experience with one of these??

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
After talking with a lot of Hot Tub owners at work we decided in 2009 to go with the Hot Springs Envoy. IMHO Hot Springs is the best for insulation and components. I still use it almost daily. Key like everything else is have a good relationship with service and sales dept.
I've replaced one main pump and one circulation pump cause of seal leak on my own..Hot Springs puts most components up front inside the removable panel for easy access. Don't go cheap ..I was in the other day and they say Hot Springs is still #1, they also see other brands. I asked what my 2009 tub would go for now and he said about 12k to 13k.. I paid about 10k in 2009. Good Luck and well worth it, especially if you have young teens still at home other than the dinner table I was able to keep them captive and talk for a while..haha. Just a fyi..we have a lounger seat section and don't use it much. Cost per month not even noticeable..more insulation less cost. Hope this helps..

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
After talking with a lot of Hot Tub owners at work we decided in 2009 to go with the Hot Springs Envoy. IMHO Hot Springs is the best for insulation and components. I still use it almost daily. Key like everything else is have a good relationship with service and sales dept.
I've replaced one main pump and one circulation pump cause of seal leak on my own..Hot Springs puts most components up front inside the removable panel for easy access. Don't go cheap ..I was in the other day and they say Hot Springs is still #1, they also see other brands. I asked what my 2009 tub would go for now and he said about 12k to 13k.. I paid about 10k in 2009. Good Luck and well worth it, especially if you have young teens still at home other than the dinner table I was able to keep them captive and talk for a while..haha. Just a fyi..we have a lounger seat section and don't use it much. Cost per month not even noticeable..more insulation less cost. Hope this helps..
Thanks for the advice!

From what I’ve read Hot Springs seems to be a good brand, and if the insulation is good enough in upper NY it should serve me well in Southern Indiana.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We're in the middle of getting one right now (pad being poured as we speak). We ended up with a nice 6/7 seater for $12K delivered (including cover, steps, and a whole bunch of supplies). We saw starting prices in the 9-20K range at the few dealers we looked at.

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Don't forget installation costs. Years ago I probably spent about $1k on that for an outdoor installation (concrete pad, long run of buried heavy gauge copper 220V wire, outdoor shutoff box, sub-panel with 50A GFI, city permit, etc.).

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Don't forget installation costs. Years ago I probably spent about $1k on that for an outdoor installation (concrete pad, long run of buried heavy gauge copper 220V wire, outdoor shutoff box, sub-panel with 50A GFI, city permit, etc.).
I have a brick paver patio that I’m pulling up an area to fill with gravel for the tub.
Wires are getting run by me this weekend.

Just bought the tub. Paid $10k with cover & cover assist, steps, and delivery/install.

Just in time too, my back is killing me!!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Next is maintenance. That is what scares me about these. Bacteria breeding grounds. Read a story recently about a guy who caught a bacterial infection from a hot tub and died shortly after.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Next is maintenance. That is what scares me about these. Bacteria breeding grounds. Read a story recently about a guy who caught a bacterial infection from a hot tub and died shortly after.
I never found maintenance to be too difficult, just need to be consistent with it.

ZippyBoater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I never found maintenance to be too difficult, just need to be consistent with it.
Agree. Set up a maintenance schedule and stick with it. Our hot tub is at our lake house. I am going there this weekend so I can drain the water in the hot tub and refill it. That should be done every 3 to 4 months depending on how much you use it. Find a chlorine system that works well for you and how you will use the spa. Your dealer can make recommendations or do some research on the internet. Will your spa have an ozone generator or use salt water? Those make a big difference in maintaining a hot tub.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My plan for the bacteria is to drink enough bourbon and smoke enough cigars that even the most robust bacteria will abandon hope, and look for easier prey…

ETA: Wire is unbelievably expensive these days. I just paid $425 for 125’ of 8/3g.

Last edited:

ZippyBoater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My plan for the bacteria is to drink enough bourbon and smoke enough cigars that even the most robust bacteria will abandon hope, and look for easier prey…

ETA: wore is unbelievably expensive these days. I just paid $425 for 125’ of my 8/3g.
Great Plan.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great Plan.
Sorry, I was fighting bacteria last night when I posted that… Didn’t mean to blow you off.

My tub is NOT set up for salt water, does that mean ozone is the only alternative?
This one has a built in Frog system that is supposedly easy to use. I’m sure I’ll find out in a few months if that’s true or not.

I finished pulling the wire and installed the GFCI panel yesterday. I need to tie into the main panel today and finish pulling up the pavers.

I should need a couple yards of gravel to fill in the space, but need to wait for it to freeze again next week before I drive the truck across the lawn.

ZippyBoater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No worries. I use the floating frog system. I understand that the built in frog system is good. The ozone cleaning system adds about 2k to the price and you still need to use chlorine/bromine, but it keeps the bacteria away.

We are away from our lake house weeks at a time and the floating frog system works for us. I just make sure that I shock the water and turn down the water temp before we leave and it is good for 2-3 weeks.

I just drained the hot tub cleaned it and refilled it this weekend. I do that about 4-5 times a year. It isn't a tough job. Easier with the newer models that have dedicated drain systems.

I like the bourbon and cigar method. My hot tub is right next to my porch swing where I enjoy my bourbon and cigars.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

ETA: Wire is unbelievably expensive these days. I just paid $425 for 125’ of 8/3g.
I have friends that use this plan. It seems to work. Replace Bourbon with BudLight. He is immune to COVID lol.

@JC!

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
My advice, use Silk Balance to balance it, it's expensive but it works to set the ph and forget it. I also use Leisure Time everything else, Metal Gon when you fill it, and just toss the Spa 56 granules in once a week or as necessary to maintain the chlorine level and the Renew shock after use, keep some Bright and Clear on hand just in case and put a Scumball in there to soak up oil suds. Pretty simple.