• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

CanDoo Pro for Scarab/Glastron/Chap/Yamaha

bigE

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Does everyone like the candoo system? I'm thinking about purchasing it myself due to being 2 hours way from dealer. I took it in for my 10 hour service hate to drive back 2 hours and probably have to leave to just get the maintenance light turned off.

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Bump to follow this thread.
Been looking at this system for sometime now.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I bought it this past summer. Only used it once. I am happy with it...

ALAN MANN SR.

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I have a 165 HO and have been looking at this system for quite a while and have not heard much more about it. When you say unlock cruise control and docking mode do you mean all boats have it, and the ECU is not letting it to be used? I had to have MarineMax come out to reset the maintenance light, and it looked like the same unit was used. Is that possible?

ALAN MANN SR.

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Now that's a deal!!!! I ordered mine Sunday and received it today, at the regular price with no shipping, no tax. And another $39.99 off that's a deal. Missed that one.

ALAN MANN SR.

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Update 06/08/15....

I got the Tracking number for the unit this morning.

Here is the instructions on how it works. Looks like you have to download the drivers, and software for the unit. I will be grabbing the trace files for the ECU and the dash board. I wish there was more Scarab/Chap/Glastron guys near me so I can get the same from their boats to send CANDOO to compare. What he says is that BRP writes diffrent IDs for all of their engines. Getting this info will help them gain access to the vital information.

This will help us a ton!!! Especially with the guys having issues with engines running hot, and will allow us to unlock some features like Cruise Control, and Docking mode on boats that dont have it. For the guys with Glastrons, this might help them install the SeaDoo digital gauge to have the functions the rest have. HUGE!
Yon say unlock Cruise Control and Docking Mode on boats that don't have it, How is that done?

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ALAN MANN SR.

Im looking at your profile picture. Looks like you have a 165. That boat does not have the smart throttle capabilities because you have separate throttle, and gear levers.

ALAN MANN SR.

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@ALAN MANN SR.

Im looking at your profile picture. Looks like you have a 165. That boat does not have the smart throttle capabilities because you have separate throttle, and gear levers.
Yes I have a 165 HO, and just got it back from MarineMax for its yearly service and warranty check. I had the instrument cluster replaced and found out that the Digital Speed Control or Smart Throttle capabilities has nothing to do with having separate throttle and gear levers. It is all in the cluster. Ski Mode is the real deal, love that part. Keeps the speed up even in the turn around, can bump the speed up or down with the select switch. Have not try the rest but am sure they work as well.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Your does not have the smart throttle because one lever operates the reverse bucket, and the other operates the throttle. Not because of the ECU. I almost 100 sure you can retrofit your boat.

Yes I have a 165 HO, and just got it back from MarineMax for its yearly service and warranty check. I had the instrument cluster replaced and found out that the Digital Speed Control or Smart Throttle capabilities has nothing to do with having separate throttle and gear levers. It is all in the cluster. Ski Mode is the real deal, love that part. Keeps the speed up even in the turn around, can bump the speed up or down with the select switch. Have not try the rest but am sure they work as well.

ALAN MANN SR.

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
And why would I want to go to a single lever anyway. I can't throttle up in neutral, and I can't shift without it being a idle. That sounds pretty smart to me.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ALAN MANN SR. Not sure what the communication issue is here, but I never said anything about you wanting anything, just answering a question you asked.

Glad you are enjoying your Scarab.

SPCAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Ordered my CandooPro Today. Hope just reseting my engine code (P013F) is simple enough. Not ready to go track down a problem yet. Either way I like being able to read codes on my vehicles.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Used it again. Got into the lily pads and got a high temp exhaust warning. The check engine light came on shortly after, but didn't display a code. Hooked up the CanDooPro and WALA! the code was there. There were also some older codes in there from and issue I had last fall. Reset everything and the engine light is off..

SPCAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
My Candoo got stolen out of the mailbox just a few hours after it was delivered. I've been anxious to get mine and then this happens. Plus my mailbox is outside of the gate and barely in view of any of our cameras. Just good enough video so see what happened. Soooo, gonna have to look at my pretty engine light for a few more days

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Sorry @SPCAS and WTF!? I'd be waiting for it to be delivered the next time and the SOB would get their A** kicked!!

SPCAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
PWCMUSCLE is awesome. They made me a deal on a replacement and it arrives tomorrow. They also deactivated the old one so it won't work. High praise to this vendor as it wasn't their fault but they totally helped me out.
Have a new camera set out to mount on the gate now

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
@ScarabMike do you happen to know if the CanDoo Pro can add docking mode and cruise control to the Glastron GTS207?

SPCAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Mine has no modes showing and there are no options associated with them at all. I've been talking to scarab and BRP both to see who can "fix" mine. Im almost positive it's supposed to have at least docking mode and Eco mode but they do not show up. Hope to eventually get an answer. Scarab so far is saying yes, I'm supposed to have those.