• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

CanDoo Pro for Scarab/Glastron/Chap/Yamaha

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Mine are not locked. I've never checked to see if they can be or not. If I remember, I'll check this weekend and let you know. Keep in mind this software comes with license for a specific number of uses/engines. If your friends have a limited number they may not be able to help.

madscientist

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
they are independant watersports and seadoo repair shops. i am new to the 4strokes but have been buillding freestyle and freeride skis for years

Notbusdrvr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Does the Candoo Pro work on 2018 models? Information on the PWC muscle web page seems to say it only works up to the 2017 models.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Does the Candoo Pro work on 2018 models? Information on the PWC muscle web page seems to say it only works up to the 2017 models.
I can't say for certain but I do not understand why it would not. Seriously doubt BRP would change their software to prevent it from working. You can always send CanDoo an email to make sure. sales@candoopro.com

Notbusdrvr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks. In case anyone else has the same question, I sent an email to Candoopro, and received the following:

"Yes, should work fine.. We code for them, but do not have access to the boats for testing. We have lots of customers using the tool on them, and have not heard of any issues.

The base system comes with everything you need, except for the laptop."

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Thanks. In case anyone else has the same question, I sent an email to Candoopro, and received the following:

"Yes, should work fine.. We code for them, but do not have access to the boats for testing. We have lots of customers using the tool on them, and have not heard of any issues.

The base system comes with everything you need, except for the laptop."
Thanks for letting us know. :winkingthumbsup"

Shane Scarab

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
How much does the base system cost?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

BeitzDUB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Great info here. Thank you.

Oscarab78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
Any info on whether or not this software is still available and usable? Including the instructions you provided here. I’m gonna be in the Scarab 195 open and would love to be able to maintain my boat myself and avoid any hassles from mechanics messing something up.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Any info on whether or not this software is still available and usable? Including the instructions you provided here. I’m gonna be in the Scarab 195 open and would love to be able to maintain my boat myself and avoid any hassles from mechanics messing something up.
Yes, you can purchase the CanDoo Pro software. That's what I have.

You may also want to consider the BUDS software (by BRP) for the same price. If I had known I'd would have gone with BUDS.

FreshSalt09

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
Mine are not locked. I've never checked to see if they can be or not. If I remember, I'll check this weekend and let you know. Keep in mind this software comes with license for a specific number of uses/engines. If your friends have a limited number they may not be able to help.
Did you ever figure out if these options were available to turn on/off? I priced the key to turn on the "Digital Speed Control" Package and the dealer wanted $1000 for it. Obviously you would get more bang for your buck with this.

John P Jones

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Where can I locate a CanDoo scanner? My 2014 scarab215 HO is throwing a code for an O2 sensor, though I can’t tell if it’s the port or starboard motor, or which of the O2 sensors is flagging. The boat has several. Would love to buy one of these scanners if I could find one.

SPCAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Where can I locate a CanDoo scanner? My 2014 scarab215 HO is throwing a code for an O2 sensor, though I can’t tell if it’s the port or starboard motor, or which of the O2 sensors is flagging. The boat has several. Would love to buy one of these scanners if I could find one.
Check all the connections behind your circuit panel John. Same exact year and model as mine. I kept throwing that code, kept
Resetting it. Finally found a bad breaker with a loose wire connection behind it. Once I found that I haven’t thrown it again.

madscientist

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
There was recalls on the o2 sensors for premature failure

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Candoo Pro software cost $400. BUDS cost the same. Go to their website for downloads.

John P Jones

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Check all the connections behind your circuit panel John. Same exact year and model as mine. I kept throwing that code, kept
Resetting it. Finally found a bad breaker with a loose wire connection behind it. Once I found that I haven’t thrown it again.
Thank you SPCAS, I will look. The circuit panel where the battery switch is? Or would it be under/behind the console? (Sorry, I’m asking without checking as I won’t be near the boat again for several days.)
I saw in another thread in here - something about relays that can go bad. That thread mentioned there was a bank of them.
When your Scarab was throwing the O2 code, did it change the operation of the boat? Once the O2 code flagged, one engine gets up to speed faster than the other before they sync RPM. Like maybe 2 or 3 seconds after a rapid accel for towing a skier.

Using my ohm-meter, all the O2 sensors read in the same range when cold. I haven’t metered them hot yet - where things can change more.

SPCAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thank you SPCAS, I will look. The circuit panel where the battery switch is? Or would it be under/behind the console? (Sorry, I’m asking without checking as I won’t be near the boat again for several days.)
I saw in another thread in here - something about relays that can go bad. That thread mentioned there was a bank of them.
When your Scarab was throwing the O2 code, did it change the operation of the boat? Once the O2 code flagged, one engine gets up to speed faster than the other before they sync RPM. Like maybe 2 or 3 seconds after a rapid accel for towing a skier.

Using my ohm-meter, all the O2 sensors read in the same range when cold. I haven’t metered them hot yet - where things can change more.
No change in it’s operation at all...except the stupid check engine light.