• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

CanDoo Pro for Scarab/Glastron/Chap/Yamaha

TNMic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Update 06/10/15

Great news!! The Candoo Pro arrived, and I immediately took it to the Scarab to test. It works!!! I was able to see datalogs, run times, engine temps, EVERYTHING! I also found out some stuff about our engines. There are two intervals 10 hours, and 25 hours, in the beginning for a "maintenance needed" light to come on. Then after that its set to come on after 100 hours after the 25 hour service. (125 hours). Now BRP wants you to service the engine every 100 hours, or once a year. Personally, Ill do it about every 50 or once a year myself.

Enough talk... Here are the pictures.

Here is the Candoo Pro unit, and how it comes from the factory. You get the unit, a serial cable, and a USB cable. Instructions will be provided as well.

First thing you do is follow the instructions provided or go to www.candoopro.com. Download the USB drivers, and plug the unit into the USB. Then run the software. You will need an internet connection at first as it looks for updates. Download them, and update the file. It will then see the unit, and start the program. If you dont have internet connection by your boat, then disable the connection so your computer is offline. If the computer goes offline while the program is running, it may corrupt the software.

Then go to your boat, and in the rear of the engine bay, next to the fuse box, you will see a plug that is clipped into a cap with no wires. That is your power, and CAN system.

TNMic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@ScarabMike - Don't have a Scarab - but have a 2016 Chaparral 203 VRX Vortex - BrP 4-tec 250 HP single engine. Wanted to know if anyone has been able to use the CanDoo to reset error codes with the 6.5" Medallion control panel as opposed to the standard instrumentation panel. Had an email today from PWCmuscle saying the CanDoo will not yet work with the 2016's, Medallion control panel. Wondered if anyone has given it a try yet....

702mireles

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
RPM Range history. You can see how long you have been at full throttle. You can clear this also.

Min/Max numbers. As you can see the engine runs at 212 degrees normally, and the exhaust temp is around 194.

ECU information

Cluster info. This will enable you to buy a replacement cluster if you break yours, or upgrade to the touchscreen cluster. You see the "marry to ecu" option there.

Change units of measure, and language.

It will also monitor the engine, and datalog in real time. Ill play with it more tomorrow.
I just purchased mine and Im having it over nighted. Great thread @ScarabMike

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Make sure you guys keep the software updated!!!! As @Slugger55 and I found out the hard way when we tried to use it on my RXT 300.

The new Scarab boats with ITS/IBR will need version 1.53 or greater. Once you get the version that works with your boat, then you don't have to update unless BRP changes the firmware in your ECU. The "maintenance" licence only last 1 year. After that its $39 to update.

702mireles

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I read that...and luckily I'm a video engineer/ computer geek by trade. I Will make sure I have 1.53 version or greater. Thanks bro

WaltB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Good question?!!? @ScarabMike are these dudes up to their shenanigan's again??

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I see it for sale at PWC Muscle for $399 but there is a dropdown selection asking for the number of Black Dess keys and Yellow Dess Keys. What are they referring to and which is appropriate for my 2016 215 HOI Wake?

http://www.pwcmuscle.com/candoopro-home-limited-edition.html

Thanks,

Walt
Select 0 and o. This is for sea doo skis that have learner and valet keys.

Good question?!!? @ScarabMike are these dudes up to their shenanigan's again??
No just adding stuff for the 2016 and above skis.

WaltB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks Mike!

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length

jetboy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
When you say unlock cruise control and docking mode do you mean all boats have it, and the ECU is not letting it to be used?
Hi all. New 2016 Scarab 195 owner here! Absolutely loving our boat! Does anyone know the answer to post above? And if it is the case, will the CANDOO PRO allow for unlocking those features? I didn't find the answer on here, but would love to unlock those features if it is possible. Thanks a bunch!

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All, there was a new version of BUDS released I believe last year. (BUDS 2) This is the same firmware loaded on all newer Seadoo PWCs. If at any point you find that the Candoo doesn't work either after service, or on the newer boats, you have to renew your license with Candoo $45 to get the updated Candoo software that will work with BUDS 2.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Pretty simple process too!! If the website is working....;)

Boat~R~US

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Will doing all your work like oil changes, winterization, fogging the engine, etc create any issues with the warranty work on the engines?

I was told to keep proper records? Is that just in the form of a receipt of what products I used? And with resting any service codes?

Thanks

Boat~R~US

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Another thing...

You cannot reset the "Maintenance Schedule" until the clock reaches "0". This is also hard coded to the ECU from BRP. So, If your like me, and change your oil, and filter every 50 hours, then you have to just wait on the scheduled time to clear the light when it shows up. It will show as minutes on the display.
Mike,
Only one engine should up on the display for maintenance at the 50 hour mark do I have to wait for the other engine also to display. In other wards will there be two notifications since I have two engines or is their just a single indication notification advising that both engines need mainatence? confusing sorry but trying to save to two trips to the dealer for reset

madscientist

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
did anyone confirm the ability to unlock the drive modes?\

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I'll try to answer but what do you mean by drive modes? Do you have the CanDoo software?

madscientist

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
ski mode
docking mode
cruise mode