• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Cannot install lateral thruster.... HELP

Mxracerzero

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I am finally getting around to installing the thrust vectors and lateral thruster from the group buy. I am pretty mechanically inclined so this should be a cake walk. When I go to instal the lateral thruster there is not enough room for it so sit flush against the jet pump/nozzle because it is also hitting the ride plate.

After watching the install video from jet boat pilot I noticed a distinct difference. The space between the pump and ride plate appears to be much smaller on my 2017 ar195 then that in the video. Using a cheap level as a straight edge it does not appear that my ride plate is bent. Perhaps my pump is at a more aggressive angle for some unknown reason? The pump is tight and all parts are flush to there respective mating surfaces.

For reference there is only about 5mm clearance between the pump and ride plate. Thoughts?

Attachments

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wonder if it's because of your larger jet pump housing versus the 155mm of the other boats?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you remove the bolts from the ride plate it will drop a bit with some careful prying. Then once installed you can tighten the bolts again.

Mxracerzero

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The ride plate is siliconed in place including the bolts, I decided to use a little persuasion and got everything installed. I am a bit concerned that now the pump and ride plate are essentially in solid contact now and all vibrations will be firmly transmitted.

Attachments

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The ride plate is siliconed in place including the bolts, I decided to use a little persuasion and got everything installed. I am a bit concerned that now the pump and ride plate are essentially in solid contact now and all vibrations will be firmly transmitted.
I have exact same boat and had exact same issue... I ended up removing pump housing, installing LT on the housing and then putting everything back on..

Buoy23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had the same issue. I finally figured out I had a clearance issue and used a portable grinder and took a couple .000 off the top side of the lateral thruster. the fit was still snug but I got it on and it works great.

Ian Andrews

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Will, is this an issue which I will have to deal with on my 2018 AR195 when I install my LT this spring? I bought the LT in the group buy late last year.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Will, is this an issue which I will have to deal with on my 2018 AR195 when I install my LT this spring? I bought the LT in the group buy late last year.
While not common it is possible. Some boats required more effort due to ride plate height variances. Again it is not often that we see this issue.

tsledford31

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For those of you with a 2017 AR195, did you need that extra spacer? The one he said is “
The most critical step”? I’ve been fighting with this thing and it seems like it will fit snug with the 2 3/4 inch spacers and the 1 1 inch. Know this is old but I appreciate any response.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For those of you with a 2017 AR195, did you need that extra spacer? The one he said is “
The most critical step”? I’ve been fighting with this thing and it seems like it will fit snug with the 2 3/4 inch spacers and the 1 1 inch. Know this is old but I appreciate any response.
Were you ever able to get your Lateral Thruster installed?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ok good deal!