• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Cavitation issue

But can you still take your plug out if you need to access it? Won’t that break the seal?

But can you still take your plug out if you need to access it? Won’t that break the seal?

Yeah. No problems removing and reinstalling. You're just smearing it on the seal. The rubber safe grease I was using just wasn't thick enough.

I think the main thing we are ignoring isn't the fact that water is getting into this area, but rather air is getting pulled past that seal.

There is enough wax in the container to re-do the seal many times over. I've resealed a few times and seems to hold up well.

This is what is left after a couple applications

20240808_100304.jpg

Yeah. No problems removing and reinstalling. You're just smearing it on the seal. The rubber safe grease I was using just wasn't thick enough.

I think the main thing we are ignoring isn't the fact that water is getting into this area, but rather air is getting pulled past that seal.
recommended to apply with a glove?

In my continuing saga, the wax had no effect on my issue. I'm kinda at a loss on what else could be wrong. Any other ideas before I drop the boat off at the dealer tomorrow?

In my continuing saga, the wax had no effect on my issue. I'm kinda at a loss on what else could be wrong. Any other ideas before I drop the boat off at the dealer tomorrow?
Did the wax stop water from getting on top of the plug at least?

Go to post 19 in this thread.

I'm at a loss, here. You pulled the pump, sealed all joints in the tunnel and sealed the clean out plug. Transom plate seal is another one but that's not going to show up after pulling up some gravel.

I'm at a loss, here. You pulled the pump, sealed all joints in the tunnel and sealed the clean out plug. Transom plate seal is another one but that's not going to show up after pulling up some gravel.
I appreciate the help.

Dealer called and they believe it's possibly a fouled spark plug. Guess we'll see when I pick her up.

Dealer called and they believe it's possibly a fouled spark plug. Guess we'll see when I pick her up.
Well, that would explain the shaking. What is the max rpm you can run?

Well, that would explain the shaking. What is the max rpm you can run?
I'm not quite sure but it was over 7k at least. I'm a bit skeptical just because if I eased on the throttle I don't have the issue.

I'm not quite sure but it was over 7k at least. I'm a bit skeptical just because if I eased on the throttle I don't have the issue.
If your reaching max engine rpm, it isnt an engine problem.

Back