• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

CE Smith Trailer Post Guide on with LED Lighted Posts 60"

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Well I am putting these on the trailer this evening and I have them mounted as far back as they will go. I have the covers for them as recommended. They are about an 1.5" away from the side of the boat. The boat is an 2020 AR210, with supplied Shorelandr trailer. I mounted them above the beam. My concern is that the end that goes under the boat is about 2inches or so from the boat but below the bunk. It seems awful close. Is this Ok? Or should I cut some off with a hack saw. I just don't want it to hurt the boat if I come in a bit funny.

Also,
I was looking at the few pictures of other members who have installed this model and I am curious who you did the wiring. I slipped mine down between the PVC and tube but then I need to run it under bottom tube and then around the back toward the light for the tap. Seems a bit hokey and sloppy with zip ties. I would definitely appreciate any and all suggestions.

PostGuideProximety1.jpg

PostGuideProximety2.jpg

I have the same guides but mounted them below the frame to avoid the clearance issue. Wiring just runs out of hole in guide post frame and back to lights. No need to zip tie. If you wanted to clean it up a bit, you could epoxy wiring clips to the underside of the trailer frame. that way you wouldn't be drilling holes.

Attachments

• trailer.jpg
    trailer.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 141
I mounted under as well for topside clearance for 83" garage door.

@HangOutdoors , sorry about the late reply - saw your post back then but forgot! Had the same posts and contemplated same problem. Instructions give you the option of mounting over or under the frame. Definitely go with under!

Attachments

Well I am putting these on the trailer this evening and I have them mounted as far back as they will go. I have the covers for them as recommended. They are about an 1.5" away from the side of the boat. The boat is an 2020 AR210, with supplied Shorelandr trailer. I mounted them above the beam. My concern is that the end that goes under the boat is about 2inches or so from the boat but below the bunk. It seems awful close. Is this Ok? Or should I cut some off with a hack saw. I just don't want it to hurt the boat if I come in a bit funny.

Also,
I was looking at the few pictures of other members who have installed this model and I am curious who you did the wiring. I slipped mine down between the PVC and tube but then I need to run it under bottom tube and then around the back toward the light for the tap. Seems a bit hokey and sloppy with zip ties. I would definitely appreciate any and all suggestions.

View attachment 118984

View attachment 118985
Your going to want to cut them shorter before you launch your boat.

What size covers/pads did you use on 60” CE Smith? 48”?

Hey all, I put mine below to get some extra room. I ran the wires down the PVC, zipped tied to the square tubing then into the frame and inside to the back and tapped in to the wiring from the end.

Do not cut it off! That will ruin the galvanized coating. You are fine. Unless your bunk breaks you will not make contact.

Hey all, I put mine below to get some extra room. I ran the wires down the PVC, zipped tied to the square tubing then into the frame and inside to the back and tapped in to the wiring from the end.
Lol, you guys did it easier than I did with the post cap wiring. I actually fished the wire from the cap, all the way through the metal square tubing using a wire snake, so then it just comes out of the open end of the metal square tube underneath the trailer.

When tapping the wires into the trailer wires, is anyone having issues with that connection getting wet? I installed the posts a couple weeks ago, but stopped on the lights. Just was a little concerned about the connection getting wet and shorting out the lights.

When tapping the wires into the trailer wires, is anyone having issues with that connection getting wet? I installed the posts a couple weeks ago, but stopped on the lights. Just was a little concerned about the connection getting wet and shorting out the lights.
I used heat shrink butt connectors, and then sealed with adhesive lined heat shrink tubing. No issues.

I used Liquid Tape. The stuff is awesome. Used it on my WaveRunner trailer too.

I used posi taps to splice the connections and liquid electrical tape to seal them up.

I used quick splice connectors and then siliconed and taped them. It's only been a year but I haven't had any issues yet. I am more worried about the trailer lights not being LED... That's on my list to replace next.
I also mounted my guideposts under the trailer frame and ran the wire inside the mounts using some plastic trimmer line as a fishtape. Worked great.

Last edited:
Back