• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

VeVe guides with CE Smith marker lights

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This is how we solved the problem of using rotating VeVe guides with the CE Smith lights that must stay in place to comply with the DOT guidelines (i.e. Amber always facing front and Red always facing back.)

Cost: Zero. The PVC pipes that came with our VeVe guides were a little long anyway, so we cut off a 3" section. There is already a hole 1.5" from the the top of the VeVe guide inner square tube structure, so we simply drilled a hole in the the cutoff PVC 1.5" down and inserted them into the CE Lights. They will be fixed to the VeVe guide square tubing using press-fit auto panel fasteners I had lying around, but a nylon toilet flange bolt will work just as well. We test fit the long PVC pipe to determine the finish length and trimmed to give 1/4" space between the the longer rotating PVC portion and the short fixed 3" section. Plastic hardware ensures that we could never scratch the boat.

All that was left was to route the wires. We drilled a side hole in the lower section of the VeVe square tube about 8" back and fished the wires through. Added rubber grommets and completed the sub-assembled in the garage. (Note: Disregard the green wire, it should be brown. I used what I had on hand) Mounted them on the trailer, connected to the trailer's brown running lights wire and tested. Now the guide PVC and pillows have free rotational movement and the CE Lights function properly without ever having to worry that the colors face the wrong direction. Photos below.

Attachments

Last edited: