• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ceramic Coating Brand New Boat - Is Paint Correction Step Needed?

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just to show that new boats will need correction. Some, like mine, will need significant work to get rid of the rotary buffing trails. I'll likely wait until the end of the season as we're getting ready to head into prime boating season and don't want my boat to be down for a significant amount of time.
20200502_082056.jpg

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome. I'm sold. So it sounds like I may have wasted money on the Boat Bling Quickie and Hot Sauce. haha. Are you saying that the only thing you ever need is Rejex? No waxing or spot removal, etc? Gonna order a couple bottles and use it on my vehicles too I guess.
For many years i was a seller of boat bling products. I used their products with great results. The boat bling hot sauce was one of the best i have ever used, as a matter of fact, we would pull our boat out of water, rinse at ramp pull to the side and wipe down using Hot sauce, i went years without washing boat ever with soap. All this time was salt water, the hot sauce repelled almost everything especially with just a rinse. I continue to use that product today and my boat is 12 yrs old. Again we just rinse boat unless it gets a terrible scum line, then i just use a rag and water. I also sold REJEX. It was a great product but takes more effort to apply. I use to use it below water line. There are so many gimmick products out here but In my opinion, Hot Sauce did the best. I no longer own my company that sold these products. But continue to support the Boat Bling product. Hot sauce is fast and easy with great results. I am getting ready to try the Exforma Ceramic spray only because of curiosity of all the the ceramic stuff coming out.(Always looking for the next level of shine) but its cost vs Hot sauce for quantity are way different. Most people use too Much Hot Sauce spray, just a little on a wet boat will go a long way. oh yea, my boat has been covered and stored outside all its life. No garage only yamaha cover for about 10 yrs now a generic cheaper cover. Good Luck

Attachments

Bigcat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Looks like you're going DIY, but to answer your original question, I had my boat ceramic coated by a professional. No paint correction needed as it's a new boat. Cost was $900 for a '24.

Rejex sounds a lot like Zaino. I used to use that and it worked well but still had to be done annually. At least it did when I was commuting daily in heinous Bay Area traffic and parking outside during work. Ceramic should be good for 3-5 years. I'm only 1 year in on my first application (wife's car - just did the boat a few weeks ago) but so far it looks perfect. On the boat they did the swim deck area in addition to the hull. When I was putting the cover back on I put my hand on the side of the boat and it was so slick I nearly fell off.

So ceramic is expensive but I'm sold. That being said, there are worse things to be doing during this lockdown than polishing your boat :)
Anybody ever try the Carpro reload spray ceramic sealant?